Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have aquired a brand new never used canadian mist set. very high quality , very detailed, everything included in original box and could not beleive it when i did a search on ebay and found none. then did a general search on google and found next to none. one train website said that canadian mist trains are rare... looking to sell mine....any suggestions??? thanks, scott

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
I thought Canadian Mist was some kind of drink?
Do you have any pictures of it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
made by K-Line i beleive. 0/0 - 27 gauge....if that means anything. dont see anything about scale. its called "canadian mist express". diesel train set. alco a diesel engine w/ reverse and horn. 3 passenger cars w/ streamlighting. very sharp. blue and silver. alot of detail. i think it is from 2004. i seen that date on instuction sheet and that is also the # on the engine....2004

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
made by K-Line i beleive. 0/0 - 27 gauge....if that means anything. dont see anything about scale. its called "canadian mist express". diesel train set. alco a diesel engine w/ reverse and horn. 3 passenger cars w/ streamlighting. very sharp. blue and silver. alot of detail. i think it is from 2004. i seen that date on instuction sheet and that is also the # on the engine....2004

Tworail the site administrator might know. Give it a day or so.
No pictures? I did a search for that too and came up empty handed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i can take some. i'm comp. dumb...will wait for wife to get home and help with pics. any suggestions on easy way to post them??....scott

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
i can take some. i'm comp. dumb...will wait for wife to get home and help with pics. any suggestions on easy way to post them??....scott

open the reply box click the paper clip a box will open
click browse
then find your picture on your computer then click open in that box
then in the attachment box click upload wait till it uploads
then click insert

and it will be in the post.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
K-Line is a decent brand of O-27 Lionel compatible train products. These would be considered non-scale cars and a locomotive made for the Lionel/O-27 crowd...O being the scale, 27 being the minimum diameter of the circle of track. It looks to be a limited edition promo set, possibly even limited to distribution within Canadian Mist circles...see if you can find a UPC bar code on the box. A nice set up that should have some collector value --but-- don't plan to retire on it. My non-expert guess would put it between $225-350, it really depends on your market at the time.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,550 Posts
The set is probably recent in the last ten years. It's bare bones. No electronics for sound or control. Not even a horn.
All you can do is go tothe K line site and see if it is listed in a catalog but they only started in 2007. It may still for sale in someones inventory it is just too new to guess.

The snap track is K line exclusive a little better looking than Lionel Fasttrax.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The set is probably recent in the last ten years. It's bare bones. No electronics for sound or control. Not even a horn.
All you can do is go tothe K line site and see if it is listed in a catalog but they only started in 2007. It may still for sale in someones inventory it is just too new to guess.

The snap track is K line exclusive a little better looking than Lionel Fasttrax.
it does have a horn.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,550 Posts
Mechanical horn?
I missed that from reading the box.
The snap track is an upgrade.
Passenger sets are desireable.
The logo is good if you live in or miss the north.
Electronic sounds or DCC would almost double the price so Shay gave a good average from what I looked at K line Starter set prices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just listed on ebay

i just listed my canadian mist set on ebay. item # 200512529014. thanks for the help that you guys gave me with trying to get info on this set.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have Edition 1 and Edition 2 Canadian Mist 0 scale, also have Jack Daniels O scale, given as incentive for ordering liquor from distributor. Want to sell all three. All new in box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts