Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have recently come into some trains that I just found out are HO scale. They were my grandfather's trains from the 50's or 60's I think. I could use some help determining what exactly they are. I have no paperwork or boxes so I'm in the dark. If someone could help me out or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it! THANKS!!!

·
Yard Master & Research
10,758 Posts
Most loco's have the company on them. Google the name and find out where you can get parts and learn a little about the history of the company. By looking at part lists you can compare it to yours to determine who made it. Here, I like to promote the hobby, auction houses have their own forums on how to sell. I got tired of that, as a buyer and turned to this forum. It's a lot more fun. For HO I really like the cast body steamers, especially old Mantua.

If you are young, you may consider keeping your grandfather's collection. You may want something to do at home with the high price of gas in the future. LOL
We love pictures, so post!
Good Luck

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
There are several members, myself included, who've been in the hobby many years. If you could post some pictures or set up a Photobucket or Flickr account to link to, that would help a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts