Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ages ago someone was talking about inspection cars, and maybe scratchbuilding/kitbashing something.

Anyway I mentioned I had a couple of pics for reference, taken from my local train museum.

I cant remember the thread, or who was asking, so I'll put it here and hopefully whoever needs it stumbles upon it

http://i.imgur.com/OSHnKag.jpg (link to high res/bigger pic of poster, if needed)

Cheers

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,211 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,211 Posts
It should be there now, if not post #5 in the other link works but it should be fixed now.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Broox

The vehicle in that first pic is interesting.

It appears to be a full scale kit bash.

I think I see a 1941 or so Chevrolet truck grill, fenders and headlights
fronting what may be a 1938 Chevrolet sedan with unknown
additions.

Is that an Austrailian inspection car?

I had thot that Holden was your Chevrolet.

Don

·
Registered
768 Posts
Don, your right that is a '41 to '46 front half (have a '46 Panel Delivery in garage), after the front doors I don't know what it is. I am sure it is not a stock rear half I had to do a bunch of research on mine and never saw anything like that.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt know it was so... unique...

Next time I'm there I'll grab a photo of the info little plaque/info thing and see what it says :)

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
So before the '48 Holden introduction were there Right drive
Chevrolet's roaming the outback or the inback? :D

There are so many factors about your country that are
fascinatingly similar to those of the US and Canada as opposed
to Britain. Is that a correct observation?

Don

·
Registered
478 Posts
It would be a Chev with a Holden body from the dashboard back.
Broox, in front of the LH front door there should be an oval badge there with "Body by Holden" on it with the lion symbol in the centre.

Chevs have been roaming Oz for years, I had a 1928 (RH drive), no shortage of Chevs or Fords over here.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I wish I would have know that when I was building my '46, might have made finding parts a little bit easier. Took me 5 years start to finish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts