Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this Atlas S-4 Model #8285 (PENNSYLVANIA Rd #8431) that I have been trying to install a DH126D decoder in... I soldered in a 9-pin plug, as per instructions (isolated motor)/ orange & gray to motor/// black & red to wheel pickups /// blue & white to front light (diode w/resistor).... It ran nice, so I installed my sound decode, two wires, to the wheel pickups, sounded good. Came back the next day "fired-up" the engine, SHORT warning came on. Checked wiring and everything else with ohm meter, no shorts I could find, but now I have no motor functions, light and sound still worked. put decoder in another engine no motor function-KAPUT!! Put in new plug & new decode...KAPUT!! Removed 9-pin plug and sound, then installed a Bachmann 44913 decoder (hard-wired)... Now as soon as I enter decoder address, motor bumps on for a turn, then system goes to SHORT... ANY ONE KNOW WANT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
So you posted this in another category as well. Best to keep it to one thread per question, because your answers get two disjointed otherwise. People who are going to respond are going to scan all the threads anyway, so it's not going to be missed,

You've gotten some good responses in the other thread; why not send a message to Gunrunner John, our moderator, and have him delete this one.

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
There isn't a delete button for us humble plebes. Only the mods can do that.

To send a message, click on your avatar in the upper right part of the screen. One of the options is "Conversations". That's how you send a private message to someone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts