Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought the insulation on February 21st & here it is one month later and we finally finished this morning. (Sunday)
This was an extremely labor intensive job which would have been a lot easier if I had thought to do it before I started to build the layout. ;)
The first 2 photos show a before and after section. Note the difference in temperature with the job complete.

Insulation before 1.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

Insulation before 2.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Nice job!! The sky behind those wind generators looks like Mars!!...now to do some painting! :laugh:

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
A nice increase in Temp, way to go Spence. It was 22 degrees this morning in Central Ohio, really ready for some 70 degree days.

Bill

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just looking at all of those seams and the cuts necessary to create many of them tired me out to the point of exhaustion because I know how much labor and time they represent.

Helluva a project--well done, Spence.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Well, that is a big milestone to reach. More fun now, and less shivering in the cold!!!

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Pink looks adorable.:)(y)
Just in time for spring.😎

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Good work!. Should make it more comfortable to operate during the cold.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Thanks for posting the temperature difference Spence. A delta of ten degrees makes things more comfortable. And less of your heating dollars are going out the wall. I can’t help wondering what the outside temp was on each of the days the photos were taken.

If you don’t want to paint the pink, here is another way to go for the backdrop. The paper isn’t terribly heavy and it may get some wrinkles during installation, but it’s a low cost way to have a background…unless you like sky blue pink.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I wouldn't mind a roll of that.

I would like to know if it has a matt finish or if it is glossy though.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I wouldn't mind a roll of that.

I would like to know if it has a matt finish or if it is glossy though.
Matt. It's about the same thickness as good wrapping paper. In fact, the bottom few feet are solid blue (no clouds). I only need the top few feet so I cut the bottom off and use it for wrapping paper.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I have a roll of that cloud paper sitting in the corner, that's a nice way to simply solve the problem.
Apply it like wall paper? If so, I'd use that stuff you apply first, not sure what it's called, but it allows wall paper to be easily removed.

On the Amazon link, they have different backgrounds. A few others may apply: "Mountains", "Summer Horizon", "Reclaimed Brick" and the "Wispy Clouds"

Scenes.png

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Apply it like wall paper? If so, I'd use that stuff you apply first, not sure what it's called, but it allows wall paper to be easily removed.
I put it on a painted sheetrock wall using double stick tape and for the plywood walls in the attic I used a staple gun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts