Model Train Forum banner
261 - 280 of 318 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,612 Posts
Where is the line? If its in the Canadian Rockies, there are likely no scorpions…..

·
Premium Member
HO 1950s SP in So. Cal.
2,382 Posts
When you must positively get there overnight.
ABBBA all E units. Rawlins WY.
UP_959 ABBBA Es Rawlins_WY.jpg

The man standing lower left has yet to be identified but the MTFBI (Model Train Forum Bureau of Investigation.)
is investigating in incident. He was seen disembarking from a CN (Canadian National) manifest freight box car.

A footwear plaster cast was taken from the scene and sent to the Forensics Lab for analysis.
It was entered into the NVIC (National Vagabond Identification Center.) and a match was found.
The footwear cast came back as a perfect match to one belonging to an individual known only as "Old Hobo".

It is believed that "Old Hobo" has fled from Wyoming to north of the border somewhere near Montreal Canada.
If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of "Old Hobo" contact us at

Magic, Director of the MTFBI
1-800-484-4884 Or text #northern/bigboy

·
Registered
204 Posts
View attachment 561556

The man standing lower left has yet to be identified but the MTFBI (Model Train Forum Bureau of Investigation.)
is investigating in incident. He was seen disembarking from a CN (Canadian National) manifest freight box car.

A footwear plaster cast was taken from the scene and sent to the Forensics Lab for analysis.
It was entered into the NVIC (National Vagabond Identification Center.) and a match was found.
The footwear cast came back as a perfect match to one belonging to an individual known only as "Old Hobo".

It is believed that "Old Hobo" has fled from Wyoming to north of the border somewhere near Montreal Canada.
If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of "Old Hobo" contact us at

I was in Rawlins WY last Monday

·
Premium Member
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
"In the neighborhood"
Newport, B&M, 1952.

Salmey-Newport.380a.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,612 Posts
View attachment 561556

I didn’t know anyone was looking for me…..but I’m right here….. 🤣

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
"In the neighborhood"
I have friends whose house was built in 1910 and is 60' from RR tracks.

Another friend did some renovations on the house, including adding insulation. He said, "You would not believe the soot in the attic. In some places it was over an inch deep." They had to hire an outfit with special vacs to get it out.

I can't imagine what it would be like in those houses if they still stand.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Built by Pullman-Standard in 1933. Tested on the D T & I. 60' long. Two Waukesha 160 h.p. engines. Speed: 90 m.p.h. Aluminum exterior. Exhibited at the Chicago World's Fair, 1934. Leased to the Gulf, Mobile and Northern in 1935 for service between Tylertown, Miss. and Jackson, Miss."

·
Premium Member
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Frisco "Firefly"
Baldwin Pacific #1026.
Circa 1910.

Sunset brass made it in the '70's or '80's.
Search for it at Brass Trains.
Firefly_Logan-BNSF-SpringfieldMo2000.0321a.jpg

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
According to Wikipedia...

The frame and trucks of the GP20 were carried across [to the GP30]; the extra equipment for the centralized air system required more space behind the cab, and since the locomotive was not going to be lengthened, extra space was achieved vertically by raising the height of the locomotive, giving room for the central air system, turbocharger and electrical cabinet all behind the cab. This extra height behind the cab meant that the body style used for previous GP units was not suitable.

Since EMD wanted the new locomotive to be visibly modern and updated, they turned to the GM Automotive Styling Center at Troy, Michigan for help. The automobile stylists created the GP30's trademark "hump" and cab roof profile. The hump-like bulge started at the front of the cab and enveloped the air intakes for the central air system and the dynamic brake blister.

261 - 280 of 318 Posts