Model Train Forum banner

81 - 100 of 244 Posts

·
Admin
43,481 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Let's see . . . sell the cars and the house. I'm sure we could figure out a way to sleep in the passenger cars. "Honey, we now live in a small train!" :)

·
16,666 Posts
Whoaa ... a little pricey, don't you think?!? Nice to see it all intact/original, but I'd be surprised if a Tyco set brought in that amount of cash.

Don't get me wrong here ... my HO layout is largely via my old Tyco trains ... several of the same cars as shown in that set. I like 'em. But $750? Yow...

TJ

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
Personally, I'd pass on that unused set because I'd want to play with the trains and they would immediately lose most of their value.

Just think of all the used stuff you could get for $750... :rolleyes:

Greg

·
Registered
236 Posts
A beautiful collection. It's sad that a man's life work is simply gathered up and sold as a lot. I wasn't particularly impressed with his detailing on the few closeups, but overall it's an impressive amount of work...and collecting.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Thats a very very nice circus set indeed. If I had the 2K I would probably but it. Those railcars and passenger cars are very nice and I would love to use them for my Krone circus if I didn't use the Cole ones. Some of the cole cars do look somewhat poorly made but for wooden kits made by hand from scratch I say he did a good job and some of those wagons are really well done. In particular the pole car pictured in the set is very well done and I would love to have one for my circus.

81 - 100 of 244 Posts