Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just getting into the downloading of JMRI so I can speed match my locomotives and handle other cv values. In reading the JMRI manual it appears that I will need some sort of interface between my computer and Digitrax command station. Is this correct and is the PB4 by Digitrax what I need. I have the Digitrax Evolution command station.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes, you need a device to interface the computer to your command station. I’m using the RR-Cirkits LocoBuffer-USB to interface my computer with my Digitrax command station. It’s worked very well for me. It translates USB from the computer to LocoNet that’s used by all Digitrax command stations and other automation hardware. I don’t have any experience with the PB4, so I can’t compare how one might be better than the other. Back when I bought my system 4 years ago, the LocoBuffer-USB was very highly recommended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct it is PR4. In reading info on LocoBuffer from RR Cirkits it says it comes with a CD. I am using a Mac Book Pro and it does not have CD access so I guess I need to go with the Digitrax product.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Locobuffer must have an online download available, usually the CD's are old and useless anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts