Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very early MTH Interstate RR RS-3 with a string of Menards boxcars and single dome tankers running on the Seattle & Yakima RR.

Bill

P2190009.JPG

P2190010.JPG

P2190011.JPG

P2190012.JPG

P2190013.JPG

P2190014.JPG

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
That is a very cool train, actually . . . sort of model railroading boiled down to its core essence. How nice! Lovely train. Those weathered Menards boxcars can look soooo good!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Nice string of cars. I like the Maine Central box cars. They have a decent weathering effect on them.

The RS3 has great detail, even for an older unit. I always wonder why MTH never did a Premier version of the RS1 or RS3. The Railking units are still excellent and seem to get better, detail wise.

Tom

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice string of cars. I like the Maine Central box cars. They have a decent weathering effect on them.

The RS3 has great detail, even for an older unit. I always wonder why MTH never did a Premier version of the RS1 or RS3. The Railking units are still excellent and seem to get better, detail wise.

Tom
Hi Tom, this guy is around 15 years old with a ton of miles logged. I changed the battery a few years ago so its good for another 10 years or so. I have a couple of the new MTH RS-3's and they come with smoke. Strange, one has a detailed cab and the newest one doesn't.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts