Model Train Forum banner

8001 - 8011 of 8011 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank you Traction fan, and thanks for the information. Son picks cars that look cool, Mom picks cars that have nice colors, Dad picks cars that look Authentic. So we have quite a variety in our 17 (so far) cars.

I must have done something wrong as my thread in HO section was deleted and to be honest that's quite frustration as it took some time tp type all that up.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Thank you Traction fan, and thanks for the information. Son picks cars that look cool, Mom picks cars that have nice colors, Dad picks cars that look Authentic. So we have quite a variety in our 17 (so far) cars.

I must have done something wrong as my thread in HO section was deleted and to be honest that's quite frustration as it took some time tp type all that up.
KGB Railways;

You might ask gunrunnerjohn if your post is "stuck in moderation." That happens sometimes especially to newbies with only a few posts.

Traction Fan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

Welcome to Model Train Forum, a brand new Internet discussion site for one of the world's greatest hobbies. My name is John (screenname: tworail) and I am the admin for this site. I hope it becomes a great online destination for model railroading, and keep an eye on the site as more features are introduced to make this site even better.

As far as modelling goes, I am currently into modelling German railways in N scale. I have a couple things on the go but will post pictures when I can. I also have NA HO scale equipment that I want to do something with, in the form of a small switching layout most likely as space is limited.

Please respond to this thread and introduce yourself!

John
Hi, Name is Bill. Locomods is a coined name from when I was installing G scale remote digital control and sound systems for a local dealer. That was about 25 years ago -- before the manufacturers got with the program. My layout has been idle for 12 years total while I took care of a terminally ill wife followed by 5 1/2 years of depression. I'm trying to get it up and running and have a few old issues I will be posing. Layout is O gauge MTH RealTrax (when the rails were solid): MTH PS2.0 -- some I converted from ProtoSound, and a few TMCC Lionel. About 600 to 800 feet of track and around 40 or 50 turnouts, lots of accessories, and is powered as follows: 2 Z-4000 for trains, 1 Z4000 for two conventional controlled short lines (handcars, trolleys and the like) and a couple of 30 amp 12 vdc switched power supplies for lights, turnout control, and some block signals / semaphores. I will post my first question in a few moments.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Hi, Name is Bill. Locomods is a coined name from when I was installing G scale remote digital control and sound systems for a local dealer. That was about 25 years ago -- before the manufacturers got with the program. My layout has been idle for 12 years total while I took care of a terminally ill wife followed by 5 1/2 years of depression. I'm trying to get it up and running and have a few old issues I will be posing. Layout is O gauge MTH RealTrax (when the rails were solid): MTH PS2.0 -- some I converted from ProtoSound, and a few TMCC Lionel. About 600 to 800 feet of track and around 40 or 50 turnouts, lots of accessories, and is powered as follows: 2 Z-4000 for trains, 1 Z4000 for two conventional controlled short lines (handcars, trolleys and the like) and a couple of 30 amp 12 vdc switched power supplies for lights, turnout control, and some block signals / semaphores. I will post my first question in a few moments.
Locomods,

First, my condolences on the death of your wife. Second, my sympathy about the depression, I have it too.
I'm glad you decided to get back into trains, and I welcome you to the forum. You might post your questions on our O-scale forum. There are a slew of Lionel, MTH, etc. O-gagers over there, and they will be able to answer any questions you have about O-gage trains. I'm an N-scale guy, so I can't. Usually O-scale shows up in the list of "most popular forums." If you don't see it there, look at the top right part of the home page, and click on "full forum listing." I have to do that to reach the N-scale forum.

Traction Fan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

Welcome to Model Train Forum, a brand new Internet discussion site for one of the world's greatest hobbies. My name is John (screenname: tworail) and I am the admin for this site. I hope it becomes a great online destination for model railroading, and keep an eye on the site as more features are introduced to make this site even better.

As far as modelling goes, I am currently into modelling German railways in N scale. I have a couple things on the go but will post pictures when I can. I also have NA HO scale equipment that I want to do something with, in the form of a small switching layout most likely as space is limited.

John
Hi John. My name is Joe. I model the IC, ICG, CC and Iowa Interstate in NW Il and NE Iowa. I have been in the hobby most of my life, and I'm old! Still luv trains and I spend as much time as I can with my layout. Always looking for stuff and allways selling and trading. Thanks for letting me aboard!

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I modelled the IC in the early '80's. Green Diamond GP-38's etc, IC and Peabody coal hoppers among other equipment.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Hi John. My name is Joe. I model the IC, ICG, CC and Iowa Interstate in NW Il and NE Iowa. I have been in the hobby most of my life, and I'm old! Still luv trains and I spend as much time as I can with my layout. Always looking for stuff and allways selling and trading. Thanks for letting me aboard!
IC Joe;

Welcome to the forum !
I'm pretty old myself. ( 72.) I model the Milwaukee Road in the Seattle area in the 1920s. My layout is attached to two walls of my garage. It is a bookshelf design and two levels, in N-scale. What scale is your IC layout?

again welcome;

Traction Fan 🙂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all. My name is Mark. I am new here. I wish to model in O. I have engines, rolling stock - and a new wife. We are figuring out a place for the railroad. In addition to the engines and cars I have a lot of...questions. Bear with me. I know something about railroad operations, as well as signaling. Any input I welcome.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Hi all. My name is Mark. I am new here. I wish to model in O. I have engines, rolling stock - and a new wife. We are figuring out a place for the railroad. In addition to the engines and cars I have a lot of...questions. Bear with me. I know something about railroad operations, as well as signaling. Any input I welcome.
untowr;

Welcome to the forum! Your knowledge of prototype operations, and signaling, will be useful in helping other members. Have you worked for a prototype railroad company?
You will find plenty of people who share your interest in O-scale trains on our O-scale forum. When you first log onto the forum, it shows only the "most popular forums." to get to the other forums go to the top right of that opening screen and click on "full forum listing."

If you are having trouble finding a space for your new layout, you might consider a shelf layout, along the walls of a room. The center area of a large room could be used for other purposes. Even a small room can still hold an O-scale shelf layout. In the file attached below check out "sketch #4. It shows an O-scale layout along the walls of a 9' x 12' room.

again welcome;

Traction Fan 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
untowr;

Welcome to the forum! Your knowledge of prototype operations, and signaling, will be useful in helping other members. Have you worked for a prototype railroad company?
You will find plenty of people who share your interest in O-scale trains on our O-scale forum. When you first log onto the forum, it shows only the "most popular forums." to get to the other forums go to the top right of that opening screen and click on "full forum listing."

If you are having trouble finding a space for your new layout, you might consider a shelf layout, along the walls of a room. The center area of a large room could be used for other purposes. Even a small room can still hold an O-scale shelf layout. In the file attached below check out "sketch #4. It shows an O-scale layout along the walls of a 9' x 12' room.

again welcome;

Traction Fan 🙂
A bit late - but thank you Traction Fan!
No, I did not work for a prototype; but my maternal grandpa did (New York Central). I learned from him, plus extensive reading. I still look at prototype railroads’ signals, made easier with the internet.

I like the sketch. That truly is helpful.

8001 - 8011 of 8011 Posts