Model Train Forum banner

8081 - 8092 of 8092 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello everyone my name is Mike I am from Germany but I live in Florida and I am very new to and scale railroading my skill level is below that of an entry-level but I have purchased a couple busted layouts and made the attempt to rebuild them one is complete the other one is not. I have been purchasing equipment that I see online anything I can get my hands on.
I am looking forward to any input be greatly appreciated right now I’m studying under the University of YouTube for different problems that I’ve been finding. And I’m trying to understand the site on how to set a picture into my profile to no avail so any help would be greatly appreciated.
there’s an honor meeting you all and thank you for any input
mike köing
Hello Mike,

I am a relative newbie as well! Click on the picture icon in the top right, then select account details. You will see avatar listed down the page. Click on the icon and it will bring up a box to load a photo.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Hello everyone my name is Mike I am from Germany but I live in Florida and I am very new to and scale railroading my skill level is below that of an entry-level but I have purchased a couple busted layouts and made the attempt to rebuild them one is complete the other one is not. I have been purchasing equipment that I see online anything I can get my hands on.
I am looking forward to any input be greatly appreciated right now I’m studying under the University of YouTube for different problems that I’ve been finding. And I’m trying to understand the site on how to set a picture into my profile to no avail so any help would be greatly appreciated.
there’s an honor meeting you all and thank you for any input
mike köing
Mike;

Welcome to the forum! We have hundreds of members all over the world. They are of all skill levels from zero to greatly experienced, and all are welcome here. What scale are the trains and layouts that you have now?

The files attached below are some I wrote for people like you who are just starting out in model railroading. Look through them if you like, you may find some useful information.

Good Luck & Have Fun!

Traction Fan 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Greetings everyone, Bruce here aka Wooky and train name Wooky_Choo_Bacca. I built my first train table, 4X8, almost a year ago and found this forum just last week. After Christmas I will be starting a total rebuild and upgrade of my layout, it'll have two separate tracks but connected for train crossovers for freight and passengers, again it will have a town with truck/rail shipping and an oil/fuel depot

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Wooky_Choo_Bac...Great name by the way!! Welcome to the Forum and you came to a great place for Model Train info and lively conversation!! Post some pictures of your Layout and Fleet and do ask questions...you will get lots of answers (y) (y) Again Welcome Aboard!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wooky_Choo_Bac...Great name by the way!! Welcome to the Forum and you came to a great place for Model Train info and lively conversation!! Post some pictures of your Layout and Fleet and do ask questions...you will get lots of answers (y) (y) Again Welcome Aboard!!
Mac, I even have a few videos (MGM I ain't though LOL) not sure how to upload them, the name Wooky came years ago when driving a truck (now retared) there were 100,000 Wolfmans out there sooooo, I came up with something different to go with my long hair and beard, still have long hair around the side but now also have a solar panel up top LOL I have a few pics posted to my first post "Greetings Fellow Railers" in the N Scale branch, but here are a couple of them

Looking out from The Farm, there is a lot more grass growing now

Late night at the diner in town

The Town is now on the space to the right

Diesel pumps to the right

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

Welcome to Model Train Forum, a brand new Internet discussion site for one of the world's greatest hobbies. My name is John (screenname: tworail) and I am the admin for this site. I hope it becomes a great online destination for model railroading, and keep an eye on the site as more features are introduced to make this site even better.

As far as modeling goes, I am currently into modeling German railways in N scale. I have a couple of things on the go but will post pictures when I can. I also have NA HO scale equipment that I want to do something with, in the form of a small switching layout most likely as space is limited.

Please respond to this thread and introduce yourself!

John
Dick Mueller, Lake Mary, FL - I retrieved the 1984 LGB starter set I bought for my 2 boys, have added a few LGB engines and cars, and now have an LGB ceiling train since 2019. Lot's of fun.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Mac, I even have a few videos (MGM I ain't though LOL) not sure how to upload them, the name Wooky came years ago when driving a truck (now retared) there were 100,000 Wolfmans out there sooooo, I came up with something different to go with my long hair and beard, still have long hair around the side but now also have a solar panel up top LOL I have a few pics posted to my first post "Greetings Fellow Railers" in the N Scale branch, but here are a couple of them

Looking out from The Farm, there is a lot more grass growing now
View attachment 549634
Late night at the diner in town
View attachment 549635
The Town is now on the space to the right
View attachment 549636
Diesel pumps to the right
View attachment 549637
Looking Good Wooky....really like the lighted Gas Station that baby looks sweet and the Farm with your Fence Line(need any cattle I have about 150 head for our Meat Packing Plant)....keep posting your progress and keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looking Good Wooky....really like the lighted Gas Station that baby looks sweet and the Farm with your Fence Line(need any cattle I have about 150 head for our Meat Packing Plant)....keep posting your progress and keep up the good work!!
Thanks Mac, in the upcoming rebuild I'm not sure if The Farm 🚜 will survive, The Station will as fuel is a needed commodity. Updates probably should continue in the N Scale 🚂 branch instead of hijacking this thread, see yall over there 😎👍 I'll close this out with a question, what famous and now retired band did I model here

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, my name is Skip. I'm 63 and enjoy building stuff. Ive been building and flying rc planes for over 20 yrs. I've been thinking about building a layout for some time, but with 3 children there wasn't much room. well they are not children any more and are moving out, so i am acquiring more room. I'll be starting out small, with a 10' x 4' layout. and if it goes well I'll be expanding. I plan on doing a lot of scratch building, so any tips and you want to share will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello, my name is Skip. I'm 63 and enjoy building stuff. Ive been building and flying rc planes for over 20 yrs. I've been thinking about building a layout for some time, but with 3 children there wasn't much room. well they are not children any more and are moving out, so i am acquiring more room. I'll be starting out small, with a 10' x 4' layout. and if it goes well I'll be expanding. I plan on doing a lot of scratch building, so any tips and you want to share will be greatly appreciated.
Welcome Skip, I'm a newcomer too, just joined but have a year old layout that I'm about to redo / upgrade. So far it seems a bunch of friendly folks here. If your kids have moved on then you might be able to talk Momma into using one bedroom as a dedicated Train Room. In my house we don't use the front room so it has become the train room with the freezer tucked in the corner. Presently I have a 4X8 table but the upcoming upgrade will have a 4ft extension to make an L shaped layout

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Skip;

Welcome to the forum! Have you built a model railroad before? What scale were you planning on using on your layout?

Again Welcome

Traction Fan 🙂

8081 - 8092 of 8092 Posts