Model Train Forum banner
8241 - 8260 of 8283 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
3 of the cars are American flyer O, the 1127 Caboose, circa 1932.
The Locomotive? Does it run?
I will first clean and oil the bearings and apply light grease to gears. I have to replace the cord to the transformer and then will see if the locomotive runs. I have 11 straight and 11 curve tracks and 2 switchers, so I will put it together to see if it runs. My father in law was born in 1931 but had two older brothers so it could be how there are 3 American Flyer cars and 3 Luis & Marx cars plus the locomotive.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,783 Posts
I will first clean and oil the bearings and apply light grease to gears. I have to replace the cord to the transformer and then will see if the locomotive runs. I have 11 straight and 11 curve tracks and 2 switchers, so I will put it together to see if it runs. My father in law was born in 1931 but had two older brothers so it could be how there are 3 American Flyer cars and 3 Luis & Marx cars plus the locomotive.
All you have is from the early 30's to mid 30's.
Sometimes you will find the #5 with a stripped gear.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
You have the wheels on some of your cars.
Can you measure them? All of that model
Marx cars had the same wheels.

Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum, retired electronics and software engineer, lifetime owner of O gauge Lionel sets passed down through my family and my wife's family. Not serious about collecting and do not have an active layout so don't take anything I write too seriously!

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Glad to hear from you Tim

O scale trains have always been a major
part of our hobby...and they are today. You might
check our 0 Scale Forum and see what our
members are doing with their Lionels.

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
new guy murphdog here.currently trying to finish my test ho scale layout in the train room in the barn.....can already see all the changes that will be made on the new layout.........down the road....i would like to say thanks too all of you for all the ideas i stole from you>>>>>>>murphdog

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
So you are the guilty party...we've been looking for
those ideas and wondered where they went...

Murphdog...a big welcome to the Forum. Our ideas
are free for the picking and we have a lot more if you
want them...just sneak by our HO Forum and see what
you can walk off with.

Don

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
new guy murphdog here.currently trying to finish my test ho scale layout in the train room in the barn.....can already see all the changes that will be made on the new layout.........down the road....i would like to say thanks too all of you for all the ideas i stole from you>>>>>>>murphdog
murphdog;

Welcome aboard! The ideas on this forum are available for what they're worth, not much! 😄 Seriously, we put information out in the hope that it will help some newbie. That, and answering any questions that come up, are two of the reasons we're here. That said, the files below have a lot of model railroad info. Help yourself to anything you find in them that will help you with your improvements to your layout.

Traction Fan 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
They call me Doc, I have a small N Scale layout in my home, DC only. I got my start by repairing and servicing my late father's HO collection.
So I started modeling in N Scale by repairing and rebuilding old junk lots. I am learning as I go, been at it about a year now.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
They call me Doc, I have a small N Scale layout in my home, DC only. I got my start by repairing and servicing my late father's HO collection.
So I started modeling in N Scale by repairing and rebuilding old junk lots. I am learning as I go, been at it about a year now.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
Doc;

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking layout. I'm in N-scale too. I have a sectional layout in my garage based on the Milwaukee Road's passenger service in Seattle, Washington in the 1920s.

Traction Fan 🙂

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

Welcome to Model Train Forum, a brand new Internet discussion site for one of the world's greatest hobbies. My name is John (screenname: tworail) and I am the admin for this site. I hope it becomes a great online destination for model railroading, and keep an eye on the site as more features are introduced to make this site even better.

As far as modelling goes, I am currently into modelling German railways in N scale. I have a couple things on the go but will post pictures when I can. I also have NA HO scale equipment that I want to do something with, in the form of a small switching layout most likely as space is limited.

Please respond to this thread and introduce yourself!

John
My name is Irv Jones. I have been interested in trains since boyhood. I grew up along the tracks of the "Ma & Pa"(Maryland & Pennsylvania RR). It crossed through our farm in Pennsylvania. I still have my first model train, a Marx B&O freight from 1956. Over the years collected many "O" gauge pieces and am looking to finally build my semi-permanent operating layout. I am sure there is much information here that will assist me in this endeavor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone,

Welcome to Model Train Forum, a brand new Internet discussion site for one of the world's greatest hobbies. My name is John (screenname: tworail) and I am the admin for this site. I hope it becomes a great online destination for model railroading, and keep an eye on the site as more features are introduced to make this site even better.

As far as modelling goes, I am currently into modelling German railways in N scale. I have a couple things on the go but will post pictures when I can. I also have NA HO scale equipment that I want to do something with, in the form of a small switching layout most likely as space is limited.

Please respond to this thread and introduce yourself!

John
Hi I'm Jack Barry. An Erie Lackawanna HO dude. Not really new here, just been gone for 8 years or so? I can't find a practice forum/section here so I'll practice loading a picture in this post. Please be gentle If I'm breaking a rule.
Train Plant Wheel Vehicle Tree
Train Plant Wheel Vehicle Tree Well that seems to work OK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm Rick from SW Michigan. I recently pulled my original 1968 Aurora Postage Stamp Train set from the attic. Wow...memories and fun! I've decided to build a small layout just to have my old toy running again.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Hi Rick

Playing with trains is like putting on the old key skates...you
don't forget . Welcome aboard. There's a bunch
of guys here who have the bug and they're only too
happy to have new guys join them.

Check in with the HO Forum and share your
fun. Plus, if you have trouble getting those old
wheels rolling they're there with good help.

Don

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I'm Rick from SW Michigan. I recently pulled my original 1968 Aurora Postage Stamp Train set from the attic. Wow...memories and fun! I've decided to build a small layout just to have my old toy running again.
Welcome fellow old guy! I live in Belding how far from me are you?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Hello, I'm new here! I'm an n scale collector and love anything with an engine. I'm from Maine and moved to NC about 3 years ago. Here is my early phase to an n scale build.
NC_P.FOWLER;

Welcome to the forum! That looks like the start of a nice little layout you have there. I'm a long time N-scaler too. I model the Milwaukee Road's passenger operations near Seattle, Washington in the 1920s.

Traction Fan

Attachments

8241 - 8260 of 8283 Posts