Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all: Hello from Switzerland!

I live in a small town with about 20'000 inhabitants in the midlands of Switzerland. I'm 64 now and I used to be a software developer, before I retired two and a half years ago.

Although I'm new to this forum, I'm not really new to the subject Model Trains. Since I have always been interested in trains and railways, I started building an H0 layout together with a friend (a former colleague from work) in 1986. It's been more than a quarter of a century since and we are still active constructing, building, crafting, repairing and playing on and with our train layout.

Here I would like to show you our layout by means of a commented video.
We will do a ride in the cab of a railway engine and look over the shoulders of the engine driver. We will be covering an entire lap on the track route of our H0 model railway layout.

Enjoy!

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,167 Posts
Wow, Welcome to the forum, that is one heck of a layout.:thumbsup:

A lot of work there, I only watched parts, I will look at the whole thing this weekend. I have limited time right now.

Very nice. Beee utifull. :D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Wow, that is one huge layout. I can see why it has taken you this long, jeeze i can only imagine, i have alittle tiny 18x18 ho scale layout.

You have alot tunnels, the train seems like its constantly coming and going thru tunnels which is awesome in a way, obviously you built your layout so you can run continuously, do you have any industries to switch at? sorry if it was in the video, i didnt get to see the whole video...

Very nice job so far on the layout...

Im jealous of your long runs

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Sturzi,

Fabulous layout! In a bunker, of all places! One of the most impressive spirals setup I've seen.

Question -- you say that all of your trains are powered by the live overhead wires. Does that imply that the tracks themselves are not powered, but are simply an electrical ground?

Thank you for sharing this wonderful layout!

TJ

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
That is one incredible masterpiece !! No wonder you are proud to show it to us -- you should be !!. I've checked the photos on your website as well. So much thought went into this design -- very amazing workmanship.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Excellent video! The detail is so well done it feels like riding on a real train. Very impressive work.

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
I like the "stonework" that runs inside the full length of some of their tunnels. Now that's attention to detail!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts