Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Calif Gov plan to prevent all large gatherings till the end of summer will send the baseball teams into hiatus for the remainder of the year. I wonder if other states would do the same ?

Bill

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
NFL camps start in the summer so while they may not be cancelled they will probably be delayed.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as the NFL isn't cancelled.
Hi Spence, I think the NFL will have some type of season, most likely shortened. Its starting to look grim for College Football. They have missed spring conditioning so would have to fit in some type of workouts before they could play any games, maybe a short season also.

Bill

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I doubt we have any sports events this year. I was so looking forward to Cardinals baseball.
If we can't get at least 120 games in, I say just cancel. I do not want a 40 game season. This
virus stuff is nowhere near over. Some people are saying 2022 before we can have crowds.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I doubt we have any sports events this year. I was so looking forward to Cardinals baseball.
If we can't get at least 120 games in, I say just cancel. I do not want a 40 game season. This
virus stuff is nowhere near over. Some people are saying 2022 before we can have crowds.
We won't have crowds until a vaccine is developed which may take 12 to 18 months. Hopefully sooner.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
But if we try to go back to "normal" too soon, as a certain individual wants to, we'll be doing this all over again.....and it'll be even worse the next time around....

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I miss baseball also. I don't want to watch old games. I doubt we will have football
this year also. We ain't done with this yet.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
My opinion is that if there is no vaccine there will be no crowds and with no crowds there will be no games. Empty stadiums mean no revenues from vendor sales or parking fees. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have a very good Triple A team, always enjoyed watching a few of their games each year. Don't think I will see any this year.

Bill

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't think there will be any sporting events this calendar year. This virus is expected to come back with a vengeance in the autumn, regardless of whether or not the various states loosen their restrictions. We live in unprecedented historic times.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Gramps wrote:
"My opinion is that if there is no vaccine there will be no crowds and with no crowds there will be no games."

I'd have to agree.
Are we going to have stadiums full of mask-wearin' spectators?
How are they gonna drink their beers?

Without a vaccine that at least offers the hope of avoiding infection when large crowds gather in close proximity to one another, I don't see how people will want to be crammed into such venues.

Unless the management wants to "social distance" them by having 2 seats empty between every occupied seat...? ;)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
MoPac, I was in the same boat...but you'd be pleasantly surprised as to whats out there...RADIO REPLAYS!! I found YouTube to be a great source for old broadcasts and when tooling around in the garage it's a nice reprieve from what's going on...I played game 7 of the 71 series for my guys at work...and they actually got into it..and they are all 25-27! Check it out you'd be surprised!!
I miss baseball also. I don't want to watch old games. I doubt we will have football
this year also. We ain't done with this yet.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
My local AAA team announced yesterday that it they are not allowed to have fans in the seats they cannot afford to have this season. They said the major league can survive in the TV and advertising revenue but that is not an option for AAA.

I suspect the AA team in my area will be the same way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts