Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heave 3 old Märklin carriages, but I Work with roco, I am aware of the fact that the metal carriage-wheels do not work with roco's double electrified rail system. My question. Is there a way to Make the wheels work on the rails (Without blowing up my circuits..), like some paint? Or to replace the bad wheels with good ones (Tried that with some wheels of mine but they are to thin for the Märklin wheel length.)

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
I love Marklin stuff... :)

...but it seems too big of an obstacle to adapt the couplers and wheels to what I already have. It's too proprietary. Has anyone else here adapted Markiln? :confused:

Greg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's kinda hard for me to know what to do now, if the carriages can't drive I have 3 useless carriages. :( My mom said maybe one day I can trade it at a model train organization but I don't even know if people are interested in them (The 2 passenger cars are old tin Märklin models without interior, was busy making one my self but if it is useless and undrive-able...) there is a quite good shape freight car though. perhaps I should make pictures of them tommorow

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
It's kinda hard for me to know what to do now, if the carriages can't drive I have 3 useless carriages. :( My mom said maybe one day I can trade it at a model train organization but I don't even know if people are interested in them (The 2 passenger cars are old tin Märklin models without interior, was busy making one my self but if it is useless and undrive-able...) there is a quite good shape freight car though. perhaps I should make pictures of them tommorow
Actually...I would be as I run both Marklin and regular two rail. What kind of passenger cars would you be looking for and could you post pics of what you have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts