Model Train Forum banner

Should We Change The MTF Banner Graphic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Admin
43,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent discussions indicate many people would like to consider a new graphic for the banner of the forum. The question is, who is in favor of changing it, keeping it, or just don't care? The poll will run for 30 days and we'll see where we are at that time.

If we decide we'd like to change it, the next challenge is coming up with a quality graphic with the following characteristics.

JPG image 750 x 125 pixels

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
Thanks John for starting the poll.

mtf1.jpg

My choice.
The good old CNJ.
Nice and weathered too.:):thumbsup:

But one of his 4014 would look nice too.

Like tworail mentioned, a rotating picture of a few different ones would be nice if that could be done.

But that will come later if enough vote to change.
Thank :smokin:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I think the real questions are: What should we change it to? How do we decide that question (majority vote?) How willingly will the losers accept the decision?

After the birthday brouhaha, I just don't know!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
I think the real questions are: What should we change it to? How do we decide that question (majority vote?) How willingly will the losers accept the decision?

After the birthday brouhaha, I just don't know!
As John said, the real question here is should we change it.
The rest comes later.

That is what the poll is for, yes/ no/ or don't care. :smokin:

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Yes change it.

John;

I think it's time for a baner change. While we're on the subject of changing things on the forum, how about updating the printed descriptions attached to the scale sections. The N-scale section still says it includes discussion of "Gram Farish" trains! Really, they went out of business years ago. I don't think "Minitrix" or "Life-Like" are particularly representative of current N-scale either. Kato is a major N-scale brand that is conspicuously absent. Things have advanced just a wee bit in N-scale since the 1970's! :eek:

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I wouldn't mind a change, although it's a great image.

I would recommend an ever-changing image from a set of arguably 'superior' proto and model images that their authors would give permission to use. That is, from a pool of available images, whether 20 or 2000, they should perhaps appear once per visit, or change every 10 seconds on a marquee as happens at other hobby sites.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Personally, I don't notice it. I like it the way it is, because without really seeing it, I know I'm on the correct website.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
Personally, I don't notice it. I like it the way it is, because without really seeing it, I know I'm on the correct website.

HA ha ha :p

·
Registered
484 Posts
maybe each thread from the main page can have a different train.

that would create 36 different train pictures.

just a thought.

lets explore every possibility.

but definitely change the main picture.

I would like to see the 4014 bigboy a model or the real one.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The poll is inaccurate.

30 votes.
The "I don't care" group is in the overwhelming silent majority!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
The poll is inaccurate.

30 votes.
The "I don't care" group is in the overwhelming silent majority!
Inaccurate?> !

292 views now, don't you know that after some vote they check back to see how the poll is going?> !
Therefor the view counts goes up.> !

Silent majority?> !
Look like they are making a statement when they voted?> !
Plus some, even you, voted there but added a comment here so how is that silent? !

You think all the extra views are I don't cares?> ?........! > !

·
Admin
43,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The silent majority doesn't have a voice in the poll, just like any other vote. If you don't care enough to vote, you live with whatever is voted in. :p:p

Ed is right about views, every time you view the thread, the views go up. So, you come back to check replies, and it's another view.

Uh, no, that is a CP switcher now, not CN....
CP, CN, what's the difference? They all foreign railroads. :p:p

·
Registered
697 Posts
I like idea of a rotating graphic. How about this variation. Let folks submit a proposed new graphic from time to time. Perhaps in a secret vote by the heads of state or some other means, select a winner for that time period... The winner gets you know whatever they want out of that... and the graphic rotates.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Inaccurate?> !

292 views now, don't you know that after some vote they check back to see how the poll is going?> !
Therefor the view counts goes up.> !

Silent majority?> !
Look like they are making a statement when they voted?> !
Plus some, even you, voted there but added a comment here so how is that silent? !

You think all the extra views are I don't cares?> ?........! > !
OOps my math was off. (pun intended.)
I forgot to count the "Members: 21,838"

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
OOps my math was off. (pun intended.)
I forgot to count the "Members: 21,838"

Still off :p

That total has many, many who either quit running trains or stopped coming to the site.
I would guess around 5000 just came for one question and when they got their answer never came back.
That total goes back to the start of the site, more then 10 years ago.
Read through the members list and see the posts counts, a lot have none or just a few. Then pooof disappeared.

By the way, the way I see it the I don't care votes will tally in with the I want a change votes. :p

If you don't care you are agreeing to a change.
Because you don't care. :smokin:

That is a nice picture.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would not mind seeing a new banner. However if we keep the old that it ok too!
I guess I am in the I don’t care side, sooo.... change it is lol !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
Why not have a Semi annual poll, where anyone can post a suggested Header photo. The group votes and that becomes the new photo for 6 months, or a year whatever.

Dan

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
......both of which own thousands of miles of trackage in the United States.....:laugh:
Quit your crying already..................:cheeky4:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
BUMP.

A few more days till this poll will close. :smokin:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
Now we need some impute on the picture to replace the old one.
Everyone submit your photo. ( if you want to) :smokin:
Remember the size limit.

My replacement photo, :smilie_daumenpos:

mtf1.jpg

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
How about a picture of both steam and diesel? Then all we have to decide is which ones! :eek:hwell:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,265 Posts
How about a picture of both steam and diesel? Then all we have to decide is which ones! :eek:hwell:

Well post one. :dunno:

1 - 40 of 129 Posts