Model Train Forum banner

Should We Change The MTF Banner Graphic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Personally I despise pages and websites with jumping and flashing stuff. Annoying. But if you are going to pursue ....there are various was to "rotate" images. Some involve coding in the webpage. An animated GIF should not require coding and may be an easy customization in the site ADMIN pages.

To do it "correctly", the forum title should be in the same position on each graphic and not jump around but here's a hacked up animated GIF you could try before investing in the graphical editing. PM me if you need some help.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
I like the "middle one" actually. that is the non-steam, non-cp rail one. that'd be a pretty nice change. keep it for a few weeks and try something new again.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Yep, that ain't happening here! If we did have a rotating graphic, it would be changed at a minimum by hours or days.
That would be my vote too.

But in reality, I'm familiar enough with the site that I don't look at the graphic anymore. I just go to "New Posts" and start reading. :cool:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,310 Posts
That would be my vote too.

But in reality, I'm familiar enough with the site that I don't look at the graphic anymore. I just go to "New Posts" and start reading. :cool:
Well, you voted I don't care.
So you get no vote. :p

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,310 Posts
It doesn’t matter as it isn’t going to happen. We’ll wait another 3 years and do it again.
Yep, everything brought up, gets blown down. :smokin:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah. I think it's time..It's been there long as I have been a member. It's kind of dull.
Right off the bat I'm thinking Golden Spike ceremony at Promontory Point, Utah.
Another could be the famous pic of the SF F7 Warbonnet (is it ?); it's nose, dangling truck, and cab having busted through the concrete wall at Los Angeles Union Station with sidewalk and street below, circa 1949-ish..color////ized :sly:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Gosh Old Hobo, you and I don't get to vote...Big Ed says so. Wonder who made him chairman of the moderators? :laugh:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,310 Posts
Gosh Old Hobo, you and I don't get to vote...Big Ed says so. Wonder who made him chairman of the moderators? :laugh:

You already voted.
You,
I Really Don't Care!

Hobo,
No, I Like The Current Graphic!

Or did you forget?
Go back and look. :smokin:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
You already voted.
You,
I Really Don't Care!

Hobo,
No, I Like The Current Graphic!

Or did you forget?
Go back and look. :smokin:
:cheeky4: :laugh: :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,310 Posts
:cheeky4: :laugh: :smilie_daumenpos:
Mail me a C note and I will set you right up. :D
Hobo has to send 5 C notes. :smokin:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Allow me to restate my position: I don't care if the graphic changes. However, IF it goes to a rotating picture, I prefer (not vote) to see it slowly rotating, as GRJ suggested. :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,310 Posts
Allow me to restate my position: I don't care if the graphic changes. However, IF it goes to a rotating picture, I prefer (not vote) to see it slowly rotating, as GRJ suggested. :smilie_daumenpos:
But you said>>>>>>>copy and paste,
But in reality, I'm familiar enough with the site that I don't look at the graphic anymore. I just go to "New Posts" and start reading.

https://www.modeltrainforum.com/showpost.php?p=2495194&postcount=88

I have been reading all your comments in this poll thread.
It seems like you really should have voted different.:dunno:

81 - 100 of 129 Posts