Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I come to this website and I try to sign in but I get the message that my password is incorrect and have to go through the new password procedure. I've been using forums like this one for many years but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I noticed from your user profile that you signed in yesterday and Christmas day, but before that your last sign in was in 2015.

Between 2015 and this year there was a security upgrade that required strengthening of passwords. That might account for what you experienced on the 25th.

Was there an additional password problem between the 25th and the 26th?

·
Admin
43,481 Posts
Try deleting all your cookies and then signing in again. Also, you can check "remain logged in" and not have to sign in every time, I go for months without having to sign in. The only time I get asked nowadays is if I do an admin function, there's extra security there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had to log in numerous times over the past few days but everything seems to be OK now, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,416 Posts
Maybe we put Canadians through extra security. :p:p

Just kidding. :)
Well, I will say that it's odd that my model railroading forum has stricter password requirements than my bank and credit card companies... :dunno::dunno:

·
Admin
43,481 Posts
Well, I will say that it's odd that my model railroading forum has stricter password requirements than my bank and credit card companies... :dunno::dunno:
That's probably just telling you something about how lax your bank and credit card companies are! FWIW, I have two-factor authentication on my bank and retirement fund websites, I have no interest in funding someone else's train collection. ;)

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Weird, this site was started by a Canadian. Two Rail
I wonder what ever happened to Two Rail?
And Super mod right hand man Boston & Maine.

It would have been nice if they had continued to stop in every once and a while.:smokin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts