Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember if this came up or not before... search tells me not really?

Anyways, do we want to install the iTrader plugin here or continue with the Buyer and Seller feedback thread.. or both? As it could still be used, and iTrader can provide quick reference to those who would want to know.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
reck, LMGTFY?

tworail, itrader thingy can be somewhat usefull as researching the feedback thread is not something most going to do (or know about).

while we at it talking about features of the board what i personnally would have liked to see is:
1. more storage for PMs. 50 is chocking.
2. display more messages per page in a thread view. about 20-25 seems comfortable ratio of scrolling/flipping to me.
3. ability to use

·
16,666 Posts
Anton, TwoRail ...

Thumbs up on the request for more than 50 PM's in our folders.

Anton, I changed my settings to display 40 thread posts per page a while back, so I know it can be done. Much easier for me at 40, rather than the default 10 (or whatever it was).

Re: iTrader ... don't know much about it. I did some quick 'net reading last night, and it appears to be catching on with other forums. Feedback is generally positive, though I read a few cautions to be wary of unethical people trading honestly to get their iTrader rating up, then biting/scamming thereafter. I'm not suggesting that that applies to our model train crew, but as in anything in life, a rating is just that ... a general guideline that offers no 100% absolutes.

Cheers,

TJ

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
3. ability to use tags in the signature.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope we don't go there...:rolleyes:

I posted in another forum (not trains) where pictures are allowed in signatures and it got so thoroughly abused to the point where each post no matter how short included a huge billboard. You ended up scrolling through acres of alternately repeating billboards looking for message text. Thankfully in the control panel there was a feature to turn off the ridiculous billboard sigs.

Greg

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Greg,

I plan to use a modest one (in size) because my friend Komodo made it for me. I think your point is a good one, though. Perhaps we could give it a trial run: if Tworail gets complaints, a size-limit could be adopted. Or even better...*grins*...we could all agree that only Komodo and I get to use them!

·
16,666 Posts
Yeah ... I kinda agree with Greg here. I think the avatar logos give us each our identity. I wouldn't be bothered by a signature image, as long as it was kept small in size.

When I re-read an older thread looking for something, I often scroll down quickly looking for a particular posted photo. If the signature images were large, it'd make old-thread searching a bit clumsy, and kinda detract from the main flow of things on new threads, too.

My 2-cents, anyway.

Cheers,

TJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts