Model Train Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
ok back on track....
so in my pic way back... i show the layout i would love to do. Since i keep saying I want to move (just did tile floor in master bath so next up is tile in tub area)....I am not going to do the bridge where the crawl space door is then to the 9ft long oval with reverse loop...

but im thinking a 2nd level under this one. I have the boards and plywood so i just need to do it... under there I am thinking of a train yard.
I txt my contact and he said he has 260 bumps and o22 switches again.. so im going to go get them from him on the 24th.

with that...
the train yard...
I saw this post over at another forum - my apologies if not allowed to post links to other forums...

and this is a neat concept but my question is how much space do you really save by doing this. Is it like in his pic...
he has 5 spots in the yard and if they were not cut down could only fit 4 or 3? just curious how much you really save going through all of this work?.

maybe ill also join and post over there.. but this is my only forum i visit for trains...
thx...

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,513 Posts
ok back on track....
so in my pic way back... i show the layout i would love to do. Since i keep saying I want to move (just did tile floor in master bath so next up is tile in tub area)....I am not going to do the bridge where the crawl space door is then to the 9ft long oval with reverse loop...

but im thinking a 2nd level under this one. I have the boards and plywood so i just need to do it... under there I am thinking of a train yard.
I txt my contact and he said he has 260 bumps and o22 switches again.. so im going to go get them from him on the 24th.

with that...
the train yard...
I saw this post over at another forum - my apologies if not allowed to post links to other forums...

and this is a neat concept but my question is how much space do you really save by doing this. Is it like in his pic...
he has 5 spots in the yard and if they were not cut down could only fit 4 or 3? just curious how much you really save going through all of this work?.

maybe ill also join and post over there.. but this is my only forum i visit for trains...
thx...
260 bumps? what is a bump?

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,513 Posts
OK, I was working on getting all my lights hooked up again on my table.
At night I turn off all the lights and it lights up my layout nice, in the pitch black cellar.
I like that.
And I still have a bunch to add.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts