Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
father tripped on a cord brought it all down buildings, track, engines, cars, everything.

bye.

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
Did it fall into the black hole of Calcutta? :eek:

Surely, there must be something usable.

Say it can be done. ;)

Don

·
Registered
704 Posts
Please explain how your (is it ?) entire layout was toppled over, or whatever, by one cord ?!...What were the trains on when this happened ?

·
Registered
9,886 Posts
Sounds like you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It can't be a total loss.

Seriously, though, while I don't know your family's financial situation, if I had done that to my son's layout, I would make good on any damage I caused.

And next time, practice proper cable management so that there are no trip hazards around your layout.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please explain how your (is it ?) entire layout was toppled over, or whatever, by one cord ?!...What were the trains on when this happened ?

i dont know i was not there i was upstairs making lunch at the time

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you're throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It can't be a total loss.

Seriously, though, while I don't know your family's financial situation, if I had done that to my son's layout, I would make good on any damage I caused.

And next time, practice proper cable management so that there are no trip hazards around your layout.
belive me i will....

·
Registered
704 Posts
ONE MORE TRY: Please enlighten me/us what the layout or tracks were on when this happened.. The picture I/we get is you had tracks on some board or shelf not anchored down and tracks and trains fell to the floor..Something hits me as being more your fault than your father's, allowing trains to be on loose tracks or on a loose board in the first place, a controller wired to track and cord to controller snagged pulling it all down. What ?!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ONE MORE TRY: Please enlighten me/us what the layout or tracks were on when this happened.. The picture I/we get is you had tracks on some board or shelf not anchored down and tracks and trains fell to the floor..Something hits me as being more your fault than your father's, allowing trains to be on loose tracks or on a loose board in the first place, a controller wired to track and cord to controller snagged pulling it all down. What ?!
okay so i had tracks on some Styrofoam and on the tracks were: 3 passenger cars 8 boxcars and 2 engines and he tripped over the cord connecting the power pack to the wall outlet ( i believe )
and it pulled the tracks/trains/cars down and snagged on the buildings and brought those down to

·
Registered
211 Posts
Curious myself. A few pics in today's day and age will only take 3 milliseconds. Every phone has them. Even a mummy like me can do it. Something doesn't seem right

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Ok not to make light of it -- but I happened to be "fixing" the ice maker in the fridge which involved yanking on it ever harder to get it out, as it was wedged in tight with too much ice. Finally, it came loose and it turns out I was not prepared for this at all. And so I found myself careening wildy across the kitchen backwards with the ice maker in my hand, flying around as my were arms flailed in a mad effort to catch myself -- with ice spewing everywhere... only to land onto the open dishwasher which had the upper and lower racks out -- as if catchers mitt ready to for the disaster. It caught my fall -- but the top rack collapsed onto the lower rack, ripping it all out from what was holding it together. It was all totally awesome. There's no doubt this would have made "americas funniest videos" but alas, not such video exists.

but here's the point -- I managed to fix it all...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Curious myself. A few pics in today's day and age will only take 3 milliseconds. Every phone has them. Even a mummy like me can do it. Something doesn't seem right
my phone was on my bedside table i was in the kitchen i heard a crash and shout so i ran down to check it out i dont grab my phone for everything

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok not to make light of it -- but I happened to be "fixing" the ice maker in the fridge which involved yanking on it ever harder to get it out, as it was wedged in tight with too much ice. Finally, it came loose and it turns out I was not prepared for this at all. And so I found myself careening wildy across the kitchen backwards with the ice maker in my hand, flying around as my were arms flailed in a mad effort to catch myself -- with ice spewing everywhere... only to land onto the open dishwasher which had the upper and lower racks out -- as if catchers mitt ready to for the disaster. It caught my fall -- but the top rack collapsed onto the lower rack, ripping it all out from what was holding it together. It was all totally awesome. There's no doubt this would have made "americas funniest videos" but alas, not such video exists.

but here's the point -- I managed to fix it all...

i am working to fix it now (buildings are the most damaged ) (only a handrail is broken on the cars/engine)

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Annie,

Like any other train wreck. Fix it, rebuild it, and move forward.:eek:

You'll be learning from more mistakes as your train ride continues.:eek::eek:

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
my phone was on my bedside table i was in the kitchen i heard a crash and shout so i ran down to check it out i dont grab my phone for everything
So, after checking it out, you could have went up and got your phone, taken some pics, and shared them with us.....or is there too much thinking involved in all that? :eek:hwell:

Really, we want to help, and offer our support and suggestions, but you're making it hard to do so.....for no apparent good reason....

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, after checking it out, you could have went up and got your phone, taken some pics, and shared them with us.....or is there too much thinking involved in all that? :eek:hwell:

Really, we want to help, and offer our support and suggestions, but you're making it hard to do so.....for no apparent good reason....
i dont have any pics of the mess but i do have some of the messed but buildings and cars

1 - 20 of 40 Posts