Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone, I'm looking for some feedback on my website and products. I've been producing and selling quite a few HO scale items on eBay and Etsy in the past year and decided to create my own ecommerce website.
I'm looking for feedback on my website, ease of use, appearance, prices, and products.
If you have suggestions on other newer products I can create as well, that would be helpful to grow this division of my business.
Right now, its very basic and I don't have all of the items I have listed on here but it's the first step of many.
Thanks in advance!

· Registered
12,871 Posts
I like the fact that you sell the 3D models, too, for those of us who have our own printers. I bookmarked it... nothing I want right now, but if you keep expanding I'll definitely be back. I'm a big fan of using others people's models to save creating them myself.

I know it's a work in progress, but several studies have shown that colors, graphical details, and a home page really add to the appeal of a site. I' encourage you not to neglect that aspect.

Also, a really minor nit, but under 3D models, one set of park benches looks suspiciously like bike racks to me!.

Good start, though. Keep it up.

· Registered
378 Posts
I think the website in itself is decent, nothing fancy but practical and functional. One thing that might make the items more appealing is to show a painted version as well and either ho scale people, a locomotive or car to show scale. I think a concern for most people will be how realistic it looks on their layout. If someone knows a picnic table is to scale vs the size of an automobile they are probably more likely to buy. Overall well done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.