Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I can't get the link to open...it says the server can't be found.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Well, I can't help you. The link still won't open. I went to Klein's website and searched for what you listed...all I got was confusing results from various sites selling kits. Good luck. :smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I can't help you. The link still won't open. I went to Klein's website and searched for what you listed...all I got was confusing results from various sites selling kits. Good luck. :smilie_daumenpos:
Fire 21,

If you'd like, you'll find that link is working on the Model Railoarder Magazine site here:

http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88.aspx?page=1

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Thanks for the link referral, it works fine on the MRR site. After seeing the kit contents, like you, I have no idea what the "jamboree" refers to. Sorry I couldn't help...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link referral, it works fine on the MRR site. After seeing the kit contents, like you, I have no idea what the "jamboree" refers to. Sorry I couldn't help...
Fire 21,

Thanks for checking it out. I also e-mailed JL Innovative and have yet to receive a reply. If I do, I'll share it here.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
A jamboree is a rowdy carousel or gathering... or a Boy / Girl Scout assembly.

It doesn't appear to apply to anything in the illustration. I'll be curious to hear what the folks at JL have to say!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
This thread made me curious but I couldn't open the link and when I went on the MRR site I got "Page not found" for the link. I went on Model Train Stuff's site and did a search for Jamboree Kit and got "No Results Found". Three strikes and I'm out.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I googled it and looked at pictures of the kit. There’s two M.O.W. sheds, some old vehicles and what looks like stacks of lumber. Why they use the term jamboree to describe this is a mystery to me as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A jamboree is a rowdy carousel or gathering... or a Boy / Girl Scout assembly.

It doesn't appear to apply to anything in the illustration. I'll be curious to hear what the folks at JL have to say!
From the owner/designer of JL Innovative structures, the word "jamboree" explained: "I just used the word to mean a collection of trackside sheds."

And, by the way, that link is no longer working because I bought the last one in Klein's current inventory, which is why it's also not found there. :)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Whew! I love it when mysteries get solved!

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
From the owner/designer of JL Innovative structures, the word "jamboree" explained: "I just used the word to mean a collection of trackside sheds."

And, by the way, that link is no longer working because I bought the last one in Klein's current inventory, which is why it's also not found there. :)
Well, being very charitable with definitions, I guess it could be s rowdy gathering of trackside buildings...

Nice kit. Poor choice of names. Thanks for clearing it up!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts