Model Train Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
That '320' you added looks nice. Was that a dry rub or decal? It looks like a dry rub. I really don't know the difference. My Baldwin 355 has a bad mar on the 'Northwestern decal?' that I'd like to replace down the road. How about a tip on removing the old and replacing a new one. I've been looking for info but haven't found much. I do know that there are a lot of options out there. Thanx.
Homer T.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
That '320' you added looks nice. Was that a dry rub or decal? It looks like a dry rub. I really don't know the difference. My Baldwin 355 has a bad mar on the 'Northwestern decal?' that I'd like to replace down the road. How about a tip on removing the old and replacing a new one. I've been looking for info but haven't found much. I do know that there are a lot of options out there. Thanx.
Homer T.
Dry rub transfer.There were no cab numbers on the shell so I re-numbered it a 320, no smoke, no choo choo.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
I love the Hudsons flyernut. I have 3 now. I have found starting with a junker that needs parts, its hard to start cheap enough to get your money back. Parts and your time adds up quick, like you say with shipping. Shipping is getting nuts. And I am sure USPS wants more. They are broke. I used to be able to ship most things for 6.00. Those days are gone. If shipping gets much higher it will put ebay out of business. I can't rely on local train shows. I don't need more trains anyway. I need to get all the ones I have fixed and running.
Running on what, I have no layout, so who cares if they run.

Take care of yourself flyernut. I have always said you don't get better with age. Most things don't.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts