Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think of this? was just goofing around while my son was doing his homework at the kitchen table. Had some extra stickers from one of my undecorated debogles:eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres always gonna be morons in this world just the way it is. but heres the beauty of a moron doing that . They got smashed by the train hence no more idiot to infect the rest of the world . I just thought it would look cool with the loco i have.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
not saying its not and i actualy have "operation lifesaver" caboose. what i'm wondering however is lets say i'm an idiot. i run under closing gates all day. and then suddenly i see a caboose or a loco with "operation lifesaver" logo. is that really something that will make me go "oh... i guess i need to stop running under closing gates."
i highly doubt.
IMHO, thats a PR action on railroad companys part "look! we are trying."

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Nice work...I really do like it.

IMHO, thats a PR action on railroad companys part "look! we are trying."
My favorite stood at a grade crossing for many years...it was a thoroughly crushed car that was wrecked at that crossing---with a sign over it saying simply, "If it's a tie...you lose."

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I like it. Here's a piece of trivia on the topic, though. I work for a trucking company. It's not well known, but railroads can employ railway police to monitor crossings, among other things. They can issue traffic tickets within their (the railroad right-of-way) jurisdiction that are just as valid as a State Trooper's. In addition, if the driver is in a CMV (Commercial Motor Vehicle), there is an automatic suspension of license for 2 to 6 months for things like not looking before crossing, crossing when it's not clear, dodging around the gates, or stopping while straddling a crossing, even if it's because someone ahead of you stopped. It's not only stupid but can hit you in the wallet to beat the train, even on a bicycle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
what do you think of this? was just goofing around while my son was doing his homework at the kitchen table. Had some extra stickers from one of my undecorated debogles:eek:
Hey, forgive my ignorance - was the car completely undecorated to start?
Great job either way. I like it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
First of all, you guys totally got way off the subject with the car.
Your car looks good, I would think as long as "you like it" who cares what the mass' think.?
I think its kind of kool, not prototype, but kool.

Just for the record, you might be suprised at who might get a "reality check" just seeing it go by. I think like most of us, when we were kids, loved to watch a train go by. If ONE child askes their dad, "what does that mean dad?", and he gives him the jist of it. It might one day save his/his families life.
That my friends, is why they do this.....

Kevin

·
Registered
140 Posts
yep the dad and kid thing is what I was gonna say ...our children will grow up to be like us like it or not and they see everything we do and will follow suit, I'm learning that the hard way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts