Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh... Looks like it's a few akaline batteries to run at the club open house today.

Is Lionel still repairing these at N/C??

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Argh... Looks like it's a few akaline batteries to run at the club open house today.

Is Lionel still repairing these at N/C??

Thanks.
Far as I know. Several options here. Get it repaired and continue to use it to charge the remote, risking another failure. Get it fixed and don’t use it to charge and get the 993 expansion pack, use that base to charge your remotes. The expansion pack base doesn’t get hot and is much more robust.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
John we just got the expansion pack. The charging base lights up but nothing comes on when we put the remote on the charger and it doesn’t charge.

The switch on the bottom is on charge.

Any ideas of a fix other than return? We need the remote as a lot of people are here during the holidays.

The instructions are for the regular Legacy system and the expansion base is not the same thing. Similar but not alike.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I got my 990 second hand. The charger never worked. I have been using the Li-ion charger that came with my Apple mouse. Not a problem.

Pete

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Speaking of not charging... mine does, but I have a defective battery as it won't come up to full charge. What type of battery should I put in it if I want to keep it rechargeable? Brand? Link? ;)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought these based on a recommendation from GRJ several years ago.

Tenergy Centura - Low Self-Discharge NI-MH Rechargeable
2000mAh, 1.2V

Amazon, about $7 4-pack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts