Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
This is a vintage Kato GP-38-2
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Building Property Tire Window

Got the corner store together, now I just need a parking lot, and I think I'll either paint a name on the awning, or get a decal. Name suggestions are welcome! (Preferably not to long, if I paint it! )

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Nice! I LIKE that awning. Especially the ribs showing.
I’d go with decal… even if it’s individual letters for a custom name.

What kind of business were you thinking? And are you opposed to tongue in cheek names such as C.F. Eye Care?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! I LIKE that awning. Especially the ribs showing.
I’d go with decal… even if it’s individual letters for a custom name.

What kind of business were you thinking? And are you opposed to tongue in cheek names such as C.F. Eye Care?
Thanks! Since my layout is basically rural, I'm planning on it being a small market/general store. Right now my layout name is 'tinfoil Valley' because that's what it's covered with a night to keep catzilla off!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Some years back in Pontiac there was a comic book store called “The Store.” A very nice non de script, and semi-humorous name.
“Dad we’re going up to The Store, be back in an hour.”
“What one?!”
“The Store.”
“I heard that, but WHICH store??!”
Lol that happened more than once.

As an alternative to the name on the awning; you could make a yard sign… the type you see at condo entrances. Put the name on that, with pins holding it in the ground. You can easily swap the sign for a different one later.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas! If you're referring to pontiac, mi, that's not too far from where I used to live. If that's the case are you still here in the state? Just curious. (Not a stalker! ) 😎

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thanks for the ideas! If you're referring to pontiac, mi, that's not too far from where I used to live. If that's the case are you still here in the state? Just curious. (Not a stalker! ) 😎
Yeah lol I used to live 5 minutes from Great Lakes Hobby. Practically across the street from Partridge Creek mall. Moved up to the Frankenmuth area a few years ago.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah lol I used to live 5 minutes from Great Lakes Hobby. Practically across the street from Partridge Creek mall. Moved up to the Frankenmuth area a few years ago.
I was just at great lakes hobby a few days ago. It's a drive for me too, I live near algonac, if you know where that is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts