Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From their Facebook Page:

As a retail store, Just Trains is trying to adjust and survive in our “new normal” world, unfortunately we still have to deal with all the the pitfalls of the “old normal” world. At 4:16am this morning, Just Trains experienced a burglary. One or more perpetrators smashed the glass on our front door, then one climbed in and made their way directly to the HO Consignment Brass display case, breaking the glass to steal the contents. In and out of the store in two minutes. In addition to the stolen items, many other items in the case were damaged beyond repair during the crime. Today we cleaned up the debris from the break in, and secured the building. Tonight we are working on securing our emotions.
Tomorrow we will be doing a complete inventory to determine exactly what is missing. Many of the items taken were unique vintage brass pieces. From their handling of the pieces in the surveillance video, the thieves were gathering items for sale, not for a collection.

A partial list is,
Description
W&R Brass Import 2-8-8-2 Version 1, WP #252
3rd Rail, div of Sunset Models AC-9 2-8-8-4, SP Oil Tender, Unpainted Brass
IMR AC-12 Cab Forward, DCC/Sound, Unlettered
Key Imp, C-10 2-8-0 SP#2842
3rd Rail, div of Sunset Models 4-8-2 DC Loco, ATSF Unnumbered
Westside Model Company WP Outside Braced Bay Window Caboose (Brass)
WP 2-8-2 Late Tender Painted Brass
Van Hobbies RDC
Tenshodo Rio Grande F9A B Set
Tenshodo Passenger cars
Coach Yard Coaches
Golden Gate Depot, UP Coach with custom interior and weathering

The model railroad community is a close knit group and we appreciate the many people that have already expressed interest in how they can help. When the missing inventory list is ready, we will publish a link to it. We ask that people watch for items on that list being offered for sale on online platforms. Most the items will be missing original boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Sounds like they knew what they were after and where it was so they probably cased the joint beforehand. Hopefully they have their faces on a surveillance video that will help them get the perps.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Well they wouldn't necessarily. If they don't know their faces are on record, they might be even more careless.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to let everyone know, It was the Just Trains in Concord, CA. I forgot about that one and it was late when I posted it, I didn’t put two and two together. I have a friend in Nor Cal that goes their and he shared it to his page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts