Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is just something I thought would be fun, if there is already a thread for this I apologize. What is the most cars you have pulled and with what engine or engines. What grade % did you pull them on.

My dual consist C liner Proto 1000 setup pulled 30 cars up an 8% grade. Do not have enough track currently to see what it can do pulling on flat ground. I am going to find out soon and will post some pics and videos.

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
Hey this is just something I thought would be fun, if there is already a thread for this I apologize. What is the most cars you have pulled and with what engine or engines. What grade % did you pull them on.

My dual consist C liner Proto 1000 setup pulled 30 cars up an 8% grade. Do not have enough track currently to see what it can do pulling on flat ground. I am going to find out soon and will post some pics and videos.

8% grade? Dam that is steep. we need a video.
:ttiwwop:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might do that, would be fun for the video if nothing else lol I would really like to see what they will pull on flat ground, but I need more track and more rolling stock

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have pulled 52 cars before...sometimes I used three engines, and sometimes just two. My layout is completely flat. I think one could pull a lot more, but I don't know if I like running a train all that long in length...it seems to make the layout look smaller!

Chad

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha I've been buying up bachmann ez track when I find it cheap so i can make temporary layouts in my living room to see what I can pull, i have 60 working rolling stock right now so I will have to buy some more.

And no I dont normally run that many cars usually 10 or 15 lol. It does make the layout seem tiny when you start stacking cars on!

·
Registered
399 Posts
34 cars

ok. i tried for two nights and finally found the "sweet spot" for the cars. lined them up and here ya go:thumbsup:

one gp60m and two gp40's (d&rgw in middle). pulls really well. i will not do this often, but man i was curious if i could accomplish it:eek::eek::D

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6DlT_3fLyc

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,868 Posts
What no caboose?:D

What color is your water gray?:confused:

Layouts looking great!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I know a typical layout will not seem a lot of cars like that, but its fun to see just what your engines can do. I just wish I had more track and rolling stock !

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,868 Posts
i still have to carve the creek and paint it - i think dark blue in center and black to brown leading to the shore - i really have to do more research.
What no caboose?:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hay dustin, I got about the same layout, but my inside line goes up a grade too. My yard lines go in on the left bottom corner, cross through my town and wrap around to come out where yours goes in. I had to insulate the track there, so I could change the polarity to reenter the mainline. So I guess I've pulled about the same cars with 2 gp9's, or 2-10-2 steamer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts