Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have not used TMCC in a few years , I have a new K-LINE GP38 it says on the box TMCC , pop the brake blister and you can see the trio of the TMCC boards , flip the engine over
there is RS/SS on -off and Run/Program switch , no TMCC _ CONV switch anywhere . put it on track with a 1033 transformer and it fires up with sound goes thru forward and backwards , so that is conventional , how do you run it in TMCC ? I realize you need the command base and a CAB1 but if I recall the locomotives have a switch to choose conventional or command operation .

·
Registered
198 Posts
No switch, when they see a TMCC signal they are in command mode if they don’t see a signal, they start up in conventional mode. Connect your command base to the outside rails and and power up the track, address the loco and run that baby

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Big Lionel , could you refresh my memory on how to reset the TMCC , I got the TMCC connected and I can hear the boards have sensed the signal , but no lights I puched TR 1 ENG 1 then boost nothing happens , cab number 2609 , tried 26 as eng ID no luck , I know you can reset back to factory default of eng 1 if not mistaken

·
Admin
44,230 Posts
Hello Big Lionel , could you refresh my memory on how to reset the TMCC , I got the TMCC connected and I can hear the boards have sensed the signal , but no lights I puched TR 1 ENG 1 then boost nothing happens , cab number 2609 , tried 26 as eng ID no luck , I know you can reset back to factory default of eng 1 if not mistaken
Switch the PGM/RUN switch to PGM.
Put on the track and power up.
On the CAB1, ENG, 1, SET. (horn should honk)
AUX1, 8 (horn should honk)
Power down, switch PGM/RUN to RUN.
Put on track and power up.

Run it as TMCC #1.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks GRJ , that did the trick , engine is running fine , I have not worked TMCC in years . When I first fired up in conventional the lights would come on , now in command no lights . If I recall one of the function keys on the CAB1 turn the lights on and off . But I do not remember . Or maybe there is a problem with the electronics .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts