Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with these lighted , finely detailed cars with full interiors, including passengers? I have all five cars in their individual boxes and the set in the original shipping box.

Any idea what this may be worth? Any idea what the original cost may have been? :confused:

I don't think this set has been used.

Anyone know why this set is called the 28th Anniversary Set? 28th anniversary of what? :eek:

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
775 Posts
These are beautiful cars; a great blend of the color of the pre-and post-war Irvington / Manhattan cars with scale proportions. Of all my K-Line Heavyweights, these are my favorites.

The cars were released in 2003, K-Line's 28th anniversary. It's sort of an odd anniversary to mark, but I'm glad they marked it with these cars. They look great behind a scale Hudson, especially if you can find an extra car or 2. Stray cars from broken-up sets show up on ebay from time to time.

John

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
250-350 is likely a fair price. They were offered the same year as their Scale Hudson and probably an answer to Lionel's 50'th Anniversary set. They came with fold up steps so the cars can and will do 031 as does their scale Hudson. I have the Lionel SS Diner from their set I plan to reletter NYC.

Pete

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
These are beautiful cars; a great blend of the color of the pre-and post-war Irvington / Manhattan cars with scale proportions. Of all my K-Line Heavyweights, these are my favorites.

The cars were released in 2003, K-Line's 28th anniversary. It's sort of an odd anniversary to mark, but I'm glad they marked it with these cars. They look great behind a scale Hudson, especially if you can find an extra car or 2. Stray cars from broken-up sets show up on ebay from time to time.

John
John, how did this 9+ years old thread come to your attention? I ask because I have never resurrected a thread nearly this old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts