Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kadee truck's (i.e. 50-ton bettendorf metal trucks/33" code 110 metal wheels) packaging contain a warning label, "cancer and reproductive harm". What toxic metal-materials are they made of - lead?

·
Registered
Ohio Central Systems
1,498 Posts
Oh, that's probably just the proposition 65 ( I think that's the name) for California.

Probably no lead, but there is probably some type of plastic in them.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Kadee truck's (i.e. 50-ton bettendorf metal trucks/33" code 110 metal wheels) packaging contain a warning label, "cancer and reproductive harm". What toxic metal-materials are they made of - lead?
Plastic is toxic. So are many metals, especially lead (although lead is one I don't mess around with). The problem with the legally required warning is that it doesn't distinguish between the toxic materials being present, or whether they can actually expose you to harm through normal use. I generally ignore that warning.

Reactions: Old_Hobo

·
Premium Member
13,718 Posts
Those warnings are not really a new thing…..my theory is that it serves as a big liability statement..use the product, but if it causes harm….we told you so….

·
Registered
694 Posts
Kadee most likely has to do that for anything they sell in California. Which makes it totally apparent............. California is toxic to sanity and common sense. :rolleyes:(n)

I've sure been meeting a lot of really nice, good, decent people lately. Funny thing is, they've all moved here recently from California. I guess the toxicity finally got to them, too. ;)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Plastic is toxic. So are many metals, especially lead (although lead is one I don't mess around with). The problem with the legally required warning is that it doesn't distinguish between the toxic materials being present, or whether they can actually expose you to harm through normal use. I generally ignore that warning.
Do you use any type of lead to weight any of your equipment CTV?

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
i use lead to weight locos, boxcars, even home made flatcars ... it's repurposed lead shot, non coated, about size 7 1/2 or so ...
made about a thousand pounds to reload shotgun shells with when i was trap / skeet shooting heavily .. still have a few shotguns and drillings left, even my old favorite marocchi silver snipe over/under ..

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,756 Posts
Yes, don't eat them. :)

Reactions: BigGRacing

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Darwin says don’t eat it.
I say…. Well, it’s up to you. Lol
If you do though, at least let us know what it tastes like to ease our curiosity before going to the hospital.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Kadee most likely has to do that for anything they sell in California. Which makes it totally apparent............. California is toxic to sanity and common sense. :rolleyes:(n)

I've sure been meeting a lot of really nice, good, decent people lately. Funny thing is, they've all moved here recently from California. I guess the toxicity finally got to them, too. ;)
I left California 27 years ago

·
Registered
234 Posts
When i was a child,the house we lived in had Asbestos sideing,i would play with mercury i got from breaking open thermometers,i was into fishing handelig lead weights,some of my first jobs was at car repair using lead tire weights.
I have made it 64 years without any major health issues which a lot is due to being lucky..
California is Darwin's playground that asumes that you have zero common sense and must be protected from yourself.
I know there's lots of residents of Darwin land that would love to escape out of there but its just not feasable for them right now.Those are the ones i feel sorry for.For the ones who agree with the sataus quo im glad they wanna stay there

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
When i was a child,the house we lived in had Asbestos sideing,i would play with mercury i got from breaking open thermometers,i was into fishing handelig lead weights,some of my first jobs was at car repair using lead tire weights.
I have made it 64 years without any major health issues which a lot is due to being lucky..
California is Darwin's playground that asumes that you have zero common sense and must be protected from yourself.
I know there's lots of residents of Darwin land that would love to escape out of there but its just not feasable for them right now.Those are the ones i feel sorry for.For the ones who agree with the sataus quo im glad they wanna stay there
I know plenty of people living in California who love it and wouldn't consider living anywhere else. It's a complete falsehood (wishful thinking, maybe) that the only people who stay there can't afford to leave. You can't find a state in the union without some percent of its population that wants to relocate, but can't for some reason.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,756 Posts
I know plenty of people living in California who love it and wouldn't consider living anywhere else. It's a complete falsehood (wishful thinking, maybe) that the only people who stay there can't afford to leave. You can't find a state in the union without some percent of its population that wants to relocate, but can't for some reason.
And I know a lot of people who moved out from Ca because of all the problems out there.
But every state has it's problems I guess.
When I watch the news of things going on out there, I sometimes wonder why anyone would want to live there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It is true that there are many states that use Cali as the model to be envied. New York is the east coast version of Cali
Chicago,another crinimals playground.along with many others. Even though i live in Indiana,the town i live in is part of whats called the Louisville metro area because its right across the Ohio River.Louisville also has Cali envie and is the reason i wont go over there for any reason even though there are two really good hobby stores,one of them is stricktly trains.Being just one person with a small limited budget to spend on trains means they will never even know im gone but i refuse to spend a penny in any town that i know for a fact lets violent criminals go unpunished. Of the four online stores i purchase from regularly one of them is in New Jersey close to Philadelphia so im not sure how things are going there.
I guess in the overall it will be getting harder and harder to find safe haven in America and fortunatly i have the means to move if my little town succumbs to the woke leaders should they somehow get in charge, but im afraid short of going off grid im running out of places i woud consider safe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts