Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I signed up for a couple of Kalmbach magazines. I knew I would get a few emails at first. But oh my I am getting 5+ a day two months now. Simply arrogant. I used to send the paper advertising back in the prepaid envelopes.

Everything from them now goes to the spam bin. and gets auto deleted in 14 days.

I really dislike companies that do this and I will not renew anything with them If I could cancel and get a refund I would do so. But for now I will just look for ways to get free stuff and make them expend resources and money.

Now I am looking to find and use old software, used books, etc, and to assist others to not spend money for any Kalmbach items.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
They don't bother me. I subscribe to a few of their mags. If I get an email that doesn't interest me, I hit the delete button.

Why don't you just use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the emails?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't bother me. I subscribe to a few of their mags. If I get an email that doesn't interest me, I hit the delete button.

Why don't you just use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the emails?
The unsubscribe had no affect! If anything, I started receiving more emails.

The problem with companies like this, are for folks like my wife who are not tech savy, and do not know how to use email folders and rules. You may accept this behavior, I will not. I know too many people who's email is useless because of the spam sent to them.

Is this website a Kalmbach worship place? A place where they are not to be criticized?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I've only run into one or two instances where the unsubscribe button didn't work. Surprised that Kalmbach is in that category.

You can criticize stuff here...as long as it's not political.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,310 Posts
The unsubscribe had no affect! If anything, I started receiving more emails.

The problem with companies like this, are for folks like my wife who are not tech savy, and do not know how to use email folders and rules. You may accept this behavior, I will not. I know too many people who's email is useless because of the spam sent to them.

Is this website a Kalmbach worship place? A place where they are not to be criticized?
Yeah I have a Kalmbach worship building on my layout.:worshippy::p

I just toss stuff like that into the SPAM folder on my computer, seems to work for me. Very simple to do teach the wife?

Hell, rant away. Get it out of your system. :smokin:

Now a days we are bombarded by spam every corner you turn.
Be it on or in the computer, phone, newspapers, magazines, bill boards etc.

I used to do the same with my junk mail that had return postage free envelopes.
I would add some table scraps too, sardines work well. :D

Funny, as a lot finally stopped sending me junk.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
You are getting emails from all of their trains.com pubs. When each arrives, unsubscribe. Simple as that.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I’m not a fan of Kalmbach. I’ve subscribed to three of their magazines in the past and bought some books. Once, they sent me a DVD, unsolicited. One of those “watch it, if you don’t want it, send it back” deals.

That’s exactly what I did. A couple weeks later they sent me a nasty letter saying I needed to pay for the DVD or send it back.
Boy, that really lit my fuse! Lol.
I wrote them a scathing letter back, telling them not to bother sending any renewals for the subscriptions, I was done with them. Anything they send goes right in the shredder. I don’t get emails from them.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
I subscribe to 3 different Kalmbach publications and get no e-mails from them other than renewal notices, which I (obviously) want to get. Once in a great while, I will get a special offer from them.

Did you perchance subscribe to the newsletters so that you get updates on the stories, too?

And for PRR fan, any unsolicited item you receive in the mail is a free gift. Period. Of course they ask you to pay for it and get another. That's how the business model works. Just ignore it and it goes away.

·
Registered
643 Posts
And for PRR fan, any unsolicited item you receive in the mail is a free gift. Period. Of course they ask you to pay for it and get another. That's how the business model works. Just ignore it and it goes away.
Great advice.
I did not know that about the unsolicited material. Thanks. As for the ‘just ignore it’ part. Mmmmm. I’m getting better at that, but not there yet. Lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts