Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am currently switching scale and going from Marklin HO to Kato N to pack more on a 8 x 4 layout. Also would like to make a Kyushu inspired layout.

Therefore the first trains 10-1394 and 10-813. I need guidance on which DCC decoder I can "easily" install in those trains. I have done conversion in HO and can solder.

First picture (349) shows the board inside 10-813. It would be awesome if there will a direct replacement. This board has a small led.

The 3 other pictures show the inside of 10-1394. It seems that it could be a bit more tricky.

Any help regarding which decoder could be used, including link to other threads or tutorial would be awesome.

Thank you

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
The first board looks almost like a standard jato light board but you'll have to Check with the decoder manufacturers to see if there is a direct replacement. And it looks like you will need an RDC type decoder for the other as it would be a head and tail light decoder. I could be wrong but check with the Dcc companies

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. The RDC pointed us to that video
and the frame looks very similar.
I will open a ticket at Digitrax regarding the light board and will post results if positive.
Any other decoder companies I could try?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Digitrax, soundtraxx, TCs , nce. Just look for n scale decoders and it should show all the manufacturers. Digitrax soundtraxx and tcs seem to be about the most popular but imo they are all good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts