81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Very nice...love the daylight train!!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I think you got one heck of a lot of railroading going on there. Any time you can run three trains at once is fun time and this configuration is challenging. Plenty of room for new buildings and the whole thing just looks great. Nice work. Pete

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I think you got one heck of a lot of railroading going on there. Any time you can run three trains at once is fun time and this configuration is challenging. Plenty of room for new buildings and the whole thing just looks great. Nice work. Pete
Thanks!
Yes, running 3 trains with 2 power packs is challenging.
My wife helps me with the switches, they're not wired yet.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Even if the turnouts were wired it would still be confusing. Do you have a picture of the tunnel? I can't see where the track goes after the 90 degree crossing. Somewhere along there it looks like two trains have to use the same track and that's where things could get dicey. I have a spot on the BGC that works the same way and if I get confused and throw the wrong turnout then it's collision time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Even if the turnouts were wired it would still be confusing. Do you have a picture of the tunnel? I can't see where the track goes after the 90 degree crossing. Somewhere along there it looks like two trains have to use the same track and that's where things could get dicey. I have a spot on the BGC that works the same way and if I get confused and throw the wrong turnout then it's collision time.

This picture shows the tracks after the 90 degree cross. Big engines cannot go through the curve. Its a slow turn for all the others.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Sorry I've been out of it for a while, New Pictures will be posted this weekend with all the XMAS gifts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
So I have not had time to take more pics of the layout. Crappy part is that I got some new locomotives and they all require 22" radius minimum and I have 18". So now I have to redo some of my turns. I also Got a Bachmann EZ Track switch for my birthday that doesn't work. I am trying to get it working but Youtube is not helping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Who's riding on ACELA from NEW YORK to PHI next month????

<------- THIS GUY!

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I think it looks good, Kenjuro. Your wider turns make for more realism. That must be a rich town...all the cars are expensive super cars!! The airport must be nearby the tracks, since we heard a plane go by...nice sound effects! :D

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
You have some very nice motive power, but I love that PA diesel!!!

What do you have in mind for the elevated track? Are you going to blend it into the scenery as rock ridges, or what?

In the first video, there is a shot where your track is right against the edge of the layout. Is your facia going to come up a bit over the edge to prevent derailments from going to the floor?

It's a nice lake, but they make a material called Water Effects. You might consider using some to add a few ripples to the surface...right now it's a bit too smooth.

I like what you've done, though...nice layout.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts