Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone here point me in the direction of a book that has layouts that are desinged around commuter operations? Most of the one I see have a lot of freight and mabey one passenger station.:(

Thanks
JC

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I don't know of any specific ones but the European layout design usually focuses exclusively on passenger operations with the ability to run multiple trains with a main station and maybe a branchline station in addition to a shadow (hidden) station.

I can dig up some links if you like, at the least it will give you some ideas for your own designs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
I kinda like it. I'll keep looking and see what's out there. I do think that plan could be modified though.:)

JC

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Keep trying to find something you like.. I really like the one I did, then when push came to shove it won't actually fit in the space I had available for it... :/

I spent a couple hours revising things but in the end I felt everything was too squeezed and I didn't like the direction it was going, so I left it as it was, and maybe one day I will have that space available. It needed about 14 x 10 feet and I really only had 11 x 10. The extra 3 feet made a huge difference in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts