Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my eBay listing. I see there is a forum for eBay sales but this is for member to member, so I pout it here. I thought this would sell immediately on local CL, especially for the asking price. I only got 3 interested. One said they would buy it if I fixed the switches but it would require me more money and time than I'm asking for the whole layout.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124049524359?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If I can't sell it for the asking price I'm going to figure out how to cut out a portion that I can easily put in the attic and take out during Xmas. It would then only be a diorama with no full operation, but it may look nice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like a very interesting layout with reverse loop and plenty of siding for switching activity. The scenery is well done too - those trees really remind me of redwoods and the trestle is amazing. And of course the grass is all California gold! I am within range of you (San Jose) but I need to figure out where I could put this. 4x4 is larger than you think unless you can find an unused corner. Unfortunately I don't have a garage to hang it in. Did you already sell the rolling stock? Might you be open to offers?

Dave Nixon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave,
I do have all the rolling stock and scenery items. I only have one or two good engines that I may keep. I really don’t want to get rid of it but our garage is being remodeled and the ceiling will be vaulted. It’s also too large to get into the attic.
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts