Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this has taken 3 weeks until this point... lots of tweeking on the track.. I do have some issues, but I think I can work them out... Turtle bay is in place and running fine... this is 6' x 9' and I built it in the warehouse first and moved the whole thing in one piece. had to lift it up and over the fish tank.. it is attached to the wall. the tank is a stand alone item.. it I have problems, then I can move it out... here is a link.... what do you guys think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auXO_FcA-HU

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pictures one before I put in the room, and one in the room..... and yes it is hard to get to the back....

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
Looks like it's coming along nice!
What did you do scare the _____ out of the turtle? LOL

You might want to add some protection were the train comes off the bridge at Turtle Bay.
You wouldn't want the engine to derail there it wound go right in the drink.
Maybe a little plaster to make it look like rocks would work in case it derailed at that spot.

Or maybe another bridge so it spans the entire gap over Turtle Bay?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pic with some rock

I made the rock from a mold, and to the right, that is broken up ceiling tile.... nice effect.... the black is pond foam....

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
That's what I'm talking about. Looking good!
What do you have the whole shop working on it?:rolleyes:

The extra bridge protects the turtle from a run away engine dropping on his head now.:D

Are you still planning on adding real running water somewhere too?

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
All I see is red X's in these two pictures you posted Cope :(
I see his pictures fine too.
Maybe your security is set to high?

I don't think a pop up blocker would do that, do you?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I do not know what it is because I can view every other attachment here on the forums, including other ones posted by Cope... It is just the ones in this particular thread that I can not see :confused:

Test:

EDIT: Whatever, apparently I can see the one I just posted though... Oh well...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am the only one working on this.... I work for 4 hours after work every day... and most of the weekends... see next thread for the real water...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts