Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
I am going to cheat here.

I am looking to see if anyone has an old layout they want to part with.
I knew of a nice N gauge someone was giving away. Just go and pick it up. I think it's gone now though.

What gauge were you thinking about?:rolleyes:

What area of the world you in?:D

Details .....details...........:laugh:

Edit...........................................,
Heck you don't even have a small profile of your self in your CP.

Details................details:D:rolleyes:

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
your right i guess i need to update.
n or ho.
fredericksburg va
I checked and it's gone.:(

This guy was out in Ohio somewhere.
He was giving away a 4x8 n scale table with track,switches and the mountains he made for it. One sheet of wood with the track mounted.

He was starting another with different track and couldn't see tossing it. He had it for a $100 bucks and found no takers.

No buildings or trains but for free a good deal!

I will keep my eyes opened. But deals don't come around that often like that.

You could check the Craig list as I have seen some but not for free and you would have to pick it up. But they were not really expensive.

If you do look in the list check in your local area ,unless you like driving for a deal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for looking and the tips.
I'm not looking for a free one. I expect to pay for one.
Ill go check craigs list.

Thanks

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
thanks for looking and the tips.
I'm not looking for a free one. I expect to pay for one.
Ill go check craigs list.

Thanks
You might have to search for a while but they do come up.

A lot of kids wooden train layouts end up in there too.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I've found that "Traintable" on Craiglist means a 24" or 30" square table with wooden trains, if that saves you any trouble!

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
I've found that "Traintable" on Craiglist means a 24" or 30" square table with wooden trains, if that saves you any trouble!
Read my above post I said that but sometimes some N and HO layouts get posted you got to check in each day for new listings.

You found two? post a link so we can check them out for you, believe me when I say I don't really need anymore trains.

Last count I got like 970 HO Engines and rolling stock. (I think Bob got me beat there though:D)

475 N scale

over 500 O gauge

What I need now is MORE ROOM! lol

I had 1 s gauge but traded with reckers. (no one runs S but him I think:laugh:)

I won't steal it from you, if you want PM me a link I will check it out.

Are they close to you?
Don't wait to long if it's a good deal.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
one is an HO one is N gauge. I'll pm you the links and give me your opinion.

That first link sounds better huh? With the N.

You really wouldn't have to build anything just set it up and fine tune it.
Plus you could add on or take down what you don't want and redo it too.
I guess you have a way to pick it up?

If you make an offer low ball it you can always counter with a higher.

If you do want to offer first have him e mail you some pictures of all he got. I don't know much about the European stuff but we can find out in here.

$700 he got a bunch of stuff find out what engines and cars and other buildings he has and send me a PM. We will find out.
Find out what kind of track and switches he has too.

He probably has over a couple thousand into it. All that stuff adds up.
I am going to look again. BRB

edit.......
back that was posted back in December I wonder if it's still there/ If it is he would most likely take less. He says he made a website for it. Get that and give me a link in a PM. lets see what he's got.

My HO is all packed right now. And I'm not looking for more right now. Same for my n I got a small layout and am planning on expanding as I have a ton of N stuff. So I don't need anything to build it right now. JUST TIME!

Just got back in from snow blowing the first 9" we got all ready with more on the way.

I have been doing my O layout at the moment and moving along at a snails pace.:laugh:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Read my above post I said that but sometimes some N and HO layouts get posted you got to check in each day for new listings.

You found two? post a link so we can check them out for you, believe me when I say I don't really need anymore trains.

Last count I got like 970 HO Engines and rolling stock. (I think Bob got me beat there though:D)

475 N scale

over 500 O gauge

Are they close to you?
I heard ya, Ed. *L* But I've been dumb enough to click on those "Train Table" ads a few times and thought maybe I'd spare him the pain.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts

475 N scale

over 500 O gauge

Are they close to you?
...but the rest of you can aspire to it!:D

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
Pics or be banned! :)

Get Banned?
I will come up your way and dump 40 tons of snow in your front yard!:eek::D:D:D:

I got to run the border to do it.
I got in trouble years ago with the scale people up in Montreal. Heck, I don't read french I didn't know it was the scale I drove by not once but twice!

The second time I went by they came out and waved. I waved back and kept on trucking! :D
They came and pulled me over and asked what the hell was I doing? I said I don't know I'm lost. I started arguing that the darn sign should be in English too. Well to make a long story short I took the ticket and went home and ripped it up.:D Never went back up there. I wonder if they would still be looking for me? That happened 30 years ago in 1980. I have crossed the Niagara Falls and Buffalo side with no problems since then but never went back on the east side of Canada.

I will find them and post just for you boss.:D

Yes'um boss....., eyes, go and fetch them for you right now.:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts