Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago, when I first had a computer, there was a internet site that allowed one to create a track layout and run a "train" on it. Since I'm re-starting my railroading from scratch, that would seem to be an ideal way to develop a layout. Does anyone know if anything like that can be found on the 'net these days?
Edward

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't come accross any web-based layout programs, but there are two freeware titles that you can download and install on your computer.

- Atlas released their layout program, RTS, as Freeware. You have to register with an e-mail address to access the download, but you could use a temporary 'junk' address. Once installed the program requires no further interaction with Atlas.

- There is also XTrkCad. It took me a bit of searching to find an active download link; it appears the program was abandoned by one group and another group picked it up.

XTrkCad contains libraries for many different scales and manufacturers. RTS is a bit easier to learn and use, but only contains library files for their own track sets.

There are many commercial programs too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts