Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for lights for an industrial area. I've looked at the Lionel and MTH floodlight towers but to me they seem more like the lighting seen at a sports stadium. I believe the Lionel tower is about 15 inches tall. I saw that Lemax manufactures a product that they call a field light. It is a battery operated light but it can also be powered by an AC adapter. One light is a lot less expensive than the Lionel or MTH versions. The Lemax field light is about 12 inches tall. Has anyone had experience with this light and what is your opinion? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Menards carries the Lemax Field Light. I have several stored away to use on my layout eventually. I did however try one out just to see what it was like. This unit does telescope up & down and each Led can be adjusted individually. A fresh AA battery charge, 3ea AA batteries, will last about 2 days of constant use. I use rechargeable AA batteries. I have retained the test Field Light as a night light. I purchased mine at Menards after Christmas for approximately 50% off retail. Led light color is the Bluish tint not the White light. Good unit for the money IMO.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I purchased two of these at Menards last Christmas, too. I used one to light my ice skating area on my Christmas layout and had it hooked to the AC adapter. I really liked the effect and really liked how each light can be adjusted to point to what you want it to. I had no idea it telescoped up and down so I will have to try that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys. Are the lights plastic or metal? If the can telescope I assume they are metal. Are they 12 inches tall fully telescoped and how short are they when they are "collapsed"?

·
Registered
479 Posts
9" collapsed to 12.250" extended. Hard plastic construction. Measurements were taken from the bottom of the battery pack to the tip of the center pole.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the information. I think I will order some and see how they will work out. I appreciate you taking the time to provide the feedback. 🙂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts