Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to DCC, so I may need help from someone who is experienced.

I have the Broadway Limited Dreyfuss Hudson (HO) and I am having troubles with the lights.

The first time I ran the engine the lights came on, but after it got programmed with a different loco number (using a DCS 51 Digitrax transformer) I am now having trouble turning the lights on both back and front. The engine already has a decoder, and I tried the F0 button on the transformer but it is not working, and I am not familiar with CV buttons. I keep hearing about CV29, but I am not sure how to get to that. I keep seeing S128 or 14 and other numbers every time I push the CV keys, and I keep going back to the loco number overtime I push a number key after pushing the CV key.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

-Rhys

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
I am going to say that you need to read your digitrax manual more. Especially the programming CV section. I have digitrax and I have to reread it often. The best tip I can give you is how to reset the decoder to the factory default settings. Resetting the
decoder almost always takes care of a problem. To reset a BLI loco program CV8 to a value of 8. You will have to learn how to program CVs to do this.

Make sure you have a CV chart for each decoder you have. It will give you a good idea
what each CV does. Reset your decoder and start over.

When you reset a decoder the engine address will be 03. One of your F buttons will control lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts