Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Would like to share a lighting solution I have put together and provided in the opensource domain. It is free for hobbyists (non-commercial use).

https://github.com/milangupta1/ModelRailroad/wiki

It is a ws2812 addressable LED / Arduino based solution. It isn't a commercial product, however, it looks like it has potential as it works really well ..

Am still in the midst of developing this. I have the initial version of the software published on github for anyone interested. Would love to hear any ideas for enhancements / collaborations etc. Also, working on dioramas/scenarios that this can already power ..

Am currently prototyping some hardware for this specifically, around the connectors and signal lights etc. WS2812 led chips are very cheap .. wonder if anyone is already using these in their signals ?

-M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well .. I guess I need to figure out the installer .. the program is a straight VB build in visual studio. I have provided the source and build files because I don't expect to commercially do this, however, was hoping to team up with other "tinkerers" ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked the zip file I posted on the github project as well as the windows installer using virustotal.com .. they came up clean. Phew ! Was worried for a sec ..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Pretty cool.. I bought my son an Arduino kit for xmas a few years ago. He just moved out about 5 months ago and he chucked so much stuff. it was something he tossed. I thought of keeping it, but I don't mess with them so didn't bother..

funny that I should learn. My house is automated (with homeseer) and people over there use Arduino's but I have really no interest. Maybe in this, I will....

·
Admin
43,461 Posts
malwarebytes quarantined the file as a possible zero day exploit ... i didn't feel the need to add an exclusion for it, and i deleted the program
Hmm... I have MalwareBytes Premium, I downloaded it, then I extracted all the files to a temp folder. MalwareBytes was silent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts