1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Thanks, but I don't do Facebook........

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
For the record, I don't do Facebook, either. But my wife does. I use her account every couple of days to keep up with our daughter, who lives 800 miles away and posts interesting pictures and comments on what she is doing.

HOWEVER, I think Facebook is good for the MTF. There will be some members who do use it, and it is a way to help recruit more young people into model railroading. That's the big plus.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
I use facebook to keep up with my Army buddies, my hotrod club, my 3 kids, my extended family, close friends, and toy trains.. Nice to see MTF there now.. I liked the page.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Like others, I use facebook to keep up with family and a few close friends. I liked the page and saw my old N scale steamer made the page :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
There's a pretty good model train group on FB already and I'll look forward to seeing MTH posts there as well. My only problem is I cannot get to FB while I am at work so I have to FB when I get home.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I joined a NY Giants page and next thing I know its History of Baseball50,60,70's, Milwaukee Brewers Rant Page, WWII History Page and I love Trains..and on and on besides reconnecting with a butt load of people from School and the USN..there are some annoying sides of this though with all those goofy games that people want you to play...but for the most part its pretty cool!!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I do FB. But only to keep in touch with my people in case our websites go down for maintenance or something.
It's valuable for that reason to me.
Other than that, I'm not fond of it. But I will like MTF there.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I'm game. Less than four years to 30 years with the state and pension benefits with no penalties...that day cannot come soon enough.
I retired from WYDOT in 2010 at age 62 and 26 yrs service. Next to marrying the love of my life, it was the best decision I ever made. I recommend to everyone...retire as soon as you can afford it! Good luck!!:smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I retired from WYDOT in 2010 at age 62 and 26 yrs service. Next to marrying the love of my life, it was the best decision I ever made. I recommend to everyone...retire as soon as you can afford it! Good luck!!:smilie_daumenpos:
Would have been nice to wait but unfortunately mainly due to bad heart and emphysema i am 52 years old on disability for 3 years now and must live on the small amount from social security. Its the main reason i am getting back into trains because i can only watch so many cartoons in one day.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good advice. I will be 59 when I retire from FDOR...old enough, yet young enough. I will probably continue to "work" because I will need the health insurance, but not to the degree I do now.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Would have been nice to wait but unfortunately mainly due to bad heart and emphysema i am 52 years old on disability for 3 years now and must live on the small amount from social security. Its the main reason i am getting back into trains because i can only watch so many cartoons in one day.
LOL! I had to look at the name to make sure I had not posted that! I'm in almost the exact same boat! This IS way better than cartoons!

Facebook blows chunks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts