Model Train Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
I've had a FB account for a few years but didn't use it until recently. I didn't get it but now I'm glad I figured it out. I've gotten in touch with long lost friends and relatives thanks to FB. It's a good way to stay in touch.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Staying in touch is one thing. Just be careful not to upset the raging masses with an unpopular fact. I made that mistake and got HOUNDED off the thing, they hacked my page and harassed my "friends" and did a great job of running me off the thing with their tolerant inclusiveness!

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
What if we don't like Facebook?

I hold a security clearance, so I am more or less discouraged from using social media, but although I've found the idea or reconnecting with old acquaintances to have some attraction, the whole thing has never really appealed to me.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I like FB mainly to keep up with my family. Have found several old friends too so it's been worth having it. Don't like all the political stuff on it and really get sick of all those posts and ya, the games really are a pita.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Chet I couldn't agree more I got no use for it either. I can see why some folks use it to stay current with family who live far away but for the most part I see no other good use for it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My wife nagged me onto Facebook, and I'm glad she did. I taught high school for ten years, and I found former students, fellow teachers, and some of my own high school friends.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Chet I couldn't agree more I got no use for it either. I can see why some folks use it to stay current with family who live far away but for the most part I see no other good use for it.
A phone call works just fine for me. If I need to show friends or family photos, there's a thing called email which works great for me.

I have seen so many new articles where people have gotten their butt in a sling because of facebook.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts