Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you buy your trains cars etc do u leave them on or do u put knuckle couple reason see some videos with the link just curious. Al

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
If I had a choice I think I would have all knuckle. But half of my stuff is link and
half is knuckle. I have not converted any of them. I do have at least 2 transition
cars, link on one end and knuckle on other end. It works.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
For switching operations I much prefer the link couplers because they more reliably couple on any curve and they couple at much slower speeds than knuckle couplers. Also link coupler cars couple closer together so the gap between cars is smaller than with knuckle couplers. I have a half dozen transition cars.
I have a number of trains I do not break down so those are all knuckle couplers, but I do not put knuckle couplers on link coupler cars.

·
Registered
718 Posts
For switching operations I much prefer the link couplers because they more reliably couple on any curve and they couple at much slower speeds than knuckle couplers. Also link coupler cars couple closer together so the gap between cars is smaller than with knuckle couplers. I have a half dozen transition cars.
I have a number of trains I do not break down so those are all knuckle couplers, but I do not put knuckle couplers on link coupler cars.
I must admit to changing some linkers to knuckles way back when because I only wanted knuckles on all of my cars. In fact all I ever bought was knuckle coupler cars because it was prototypical. I have since dropped that practice and now have a few transition cars. To be honest, I still prefer knuckles but am not against buying link cars now. Like mopac, I have way more knuckles cars than linkers.

Kenny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts