Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lionel is not a large company. It's about 100 million per year or less, and has maybe 50 employees, most of whom are not in tech. Not an excuse but a possible explanation. The vast majority of customers likely use the remote included in the LionChief sets or the universal remote or the cab-1/cab-2. A small minority probably use the app, so I'm guessing it's not the highest priority.

On the other hand, MTH, when they used to make sets (no longer apparently), decided not to include any method of controlling their locos in sets except using their app. And who knows what its future is at this point.

Unless I am mistaken, any Lionel loco that can use the Bluetooth app also can use the LionChief controller, either the remote that came with the loco, or the $40 or so universal remote. For myself, I prefer the physical remote to the app. Get yourself the universal remote and save yourself some frustration. It's very reliable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
"Terminate whoever is responsible for ignoring the dozens of negative reviews accumulating for months and replace them with someone reliable who knows what they are doing and does their job with excellence ."

You are remarkably certain you know what's going on and how it could be fixed considering you are not someone inside Lionel or closely affiliated. Lots of assumptions that may or may not be true. Advocating firing people without knowing all the facts isn't heartwarming or rational. I'm sure your intent is good, but you're coming across as intemperate in my view.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts