Model Train Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'd probably be too embarrassed to reply too.
Yeah and this adds to the embarrassment. The director of engineering emailed me and said they found the Bluetooth problem on November 17th and were releasing an update 2.6.22. As we see, this actually made it worse. I emailed back on November 21 and have not heard a peep! Crickets. Terrible customer service and they obviously don't care.

Basically the entire customer base is Beta testers and this problem has persisted for months without a fix.

Also, for those that say just use the handheld controller, it doesn't allow you to set the volume levels, etc.

I wrote a blog today that shows how to roll back to a working app- LionChief App does not work on Android 11 crashes versions 2.6.20 - 2.6.22 - Knoxville Pigeon Forge

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Slope Darkness

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Apparently they updated the app to fix Android what amazes me is they upper management didn't email back and say a peep.

They obviously need to buy the be our guest book to learn about customer service.

Product Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Just got home from holiday travel and confirmed the latest version of the Lionchief app now works! YEAH! It's sad this went on for at least 10 weeks and only got fixed because I started blowing up executives' emails addresses and published a technology blog about it. Sadly, they never apologized or emailed back to even let me know they updated the app to version 2.6.23 which you can download from the playstore here- Lionel LionChief - Apps on Google Play

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Had they apologized it would have been an admission of guilt. They fixed it and will sweep it under the rug like there was never anything wrong.

Reactions: ActorMike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got home from holiday travel and confirmed the latest version of the Lionchief app now works! YEAH! It's sad this went on for at least 10 weeks and only got fixed because I started blowing up executives' emails addresses and published a technology blog about it. Sadly, they never apologized or emailed back to even let me know they updated the app to version 2.6.23 which you can download from the playstore here- Lionel LionChief - Apps on Google Play
Mike, thanks for your efforts on this. On another note of Lionel and the apps they are supposed to provide is the WiFi Camera app on the Google Play store. It disappeared almost 4 months ago and has yet to return. I wanted to buy Caboose camera but really hesitant to do so because of the lack of support/response from Lionel.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts