Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any way to wire this engine up for old school operation? Its either that or its gets turned into a dummy/ ebay parts. I recall reading years ago on this site a senior member getting pissed off at this engine and he pitched it in the trash. Everyone gave him flack for it, i understand his frustration now.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Any way to wire this engine up for old school operation? Its either that or its gets turned into a dummy/ ebay parts. I recall reading years ago on this site a senior member getting pissed off at this engine and he pitched it in the trash. Everyone gave him flack for it, i understand his frustration now.
Come on man. This is meant to be a starter set lionchief engine.
Sell it to a kid or family intact so they can use it as Lionchief. Going rate on that engine would be roughly $135-$170 maybe higher. The set it came from was well north of $350 and maybe over $400.

Sure, you could take out the Lionchief board, replace with either a reverse unit or just a rectifier. If you waned sound tha drives up the cost and again, we are back at sell a viable engine intact and get a conventional replacement since that is what you want.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Rectifier- of which that board has one and you could just use it.
reverse board- dozens and dozens of brands, designs, or build out a DIY version.
Or replace the Lionchief board inside from Lionel parts.
Replacement Lionchief PCB
That engine has bluetooth, have you tried the Lionchief app to ensure i's not the remote at fault?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, i tried the app, same issue. Only moves a little when its close to the power supply. All other engines work fine. Are are the motors DC, hence rectification.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Yes, i tried the app, same issue. Only moves a little when its close to the power supply. All other engines work fine. Are are the motors DC, hence rectification.
What are you using fo a power supply? Should be roughly about 14-18V AC or DC for this train.
Sounds like the train attempts to work as intended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts