Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I am rebuilding an old junked out 1654 and am looking for a complete set of rods for it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Many postwar locomotives share parts between each other, many of which cross reference with prewar part numbers as was the case here. The 1684 I believe was from just before the war, the 1654 came out just after the war. According to the parts diagram in the Olsen Train library, the parts listed above are indeed correct.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
As a side note, assuming you weren't already aware... the Olsen's train library is a great free online resource for Prewar/Postwar Lionel parts diagrams and listings for many different products of the era.

The Greenburg Lionel repair manual is another good resource to have on hand when doing rebuild work on Postwar Lionel stuff. I never realized how much I was missing out on before I acquired that book along with the older K-Line version (if you can get one at a reasonable price). Both contain most of the same information but each one has a couple things the other one doesn't although I can't remember exactly what offhand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts